Critique My New i5-3570K / GTX 670 Build?

Just put together another build at a great price, just looking for people's thoughts on it.

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad Core CPU
ASUS P8Z77-V SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Z77 Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Fan/Heatsink
2X (G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 Memory) or 16GB total
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 Graphics Card
OCZ Vertex 3 2.5" 120GB SATA III 6.0Gb/s MLC Internal SSD
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
LITE-ON 24X CD/DVD Burner Black SATA LightScribe Support
OCZ ZT 750W Fully-Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Active PFC PSU
NZXT Phantom Red White Finish Full Tower Case
COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120mm Silent Red LED Case Fan (used as 2nd hyper 212+ fan)

$1300 including taxes
$1250 after rebates

EDIT:
Running on SSD + HDD combo with Windows 7 Ultimate on the Vertex 3 as well as important programs, most played games, with everything else on the HDD, including "Users" stuff. Furthermore to clarify on the case I got this one: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001RD Red White Finish w/Red Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case. It's amazing looking in my opinion - really sleek unique design with red LEDS also has updated USB 3.0 ;)
14 answers Last reply
More about critique 3570k build
  1. Spend a few dollars more for the Hyper 212 EVO. That CM Fan will be much better on it. :) Good choice on fan btw! Push-pull is amazing for temps. :) You are golden on everything else!
  2. In my opinion the 212+>EVO because at full load the fan is quieter, which most people will set it to full load all the time because its so quiet. Both good tho : )
  3. build is amazing!
  4. I disagree. The same fan on a different HSF won't affect noise. I can't hear my CPU Cooler at all OCed to 4.5 GHz.
  5. Umm fans are what makes noise, not the heatsinks...

212 evo@2000 RPM=36 Decibels.

212+@2000 RPM=32 Decibels.

You can't disagree on facts : )
  6. And 4 Db is enough to hear? I don't think so.
  7. xtreme5 said:
    build is amazing!

thank you =)
  8. If you aren't 70 years old with 2 inches of earwax, yes the you can tell a difference...

Anywho, build looks solid OP. I would personally lower the ram to 8gb to save a little dough tho.
  9. azeem40 said:
    Spend a few dollars more for the Hyper 212 EVO. That CM Fan will be much better on it. :) Good choice on fan btw! Push-pull is amazing for temps. :) You are golden on everything else!

thanks =) actually reason behind buyign the 212+ over evo was because i got it for $15 cheaper (there was a $10 rebate so i didn't think evo was really worth a $15 premium haha)
  10. It won't be a difference that is worth neglecting for lesser cooling.
  11. Scotty99 said:
    If you aren't 70 years old with 2 inches of earwax, yes the you can tell a difference...

Anywho, build looks solid OP. I would personally lower the ram to 8gb to save a little dough tho.

Yea, I was debating on that but I figured since RAM is so cheap now I'd just go for it a really future-proof. Besides, I find myself always doing A LOT of multitasking from gaming, Adobe programs, Microsoft office, internet, etc. so more memory doesn't hurt haha (justifies getting more than 8GB for just gaming purposes)
  12. Okay, then tell me what the difference will be in a real-life comparable senario?
  13. ^ you referring to me?
  14. No, to scotty.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product