Windows seven playback stutter

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you all could help me figure out why my system is stuttering on something. I can't work on my system atm since I am busy with other things but one of the problems that I am having with it is, stuttering on youtube and netflix. I had to reinstall and my system, at the time of this posting, is only maybe 5 days old. I ran a registry scan and it came up negative for errors, yay, and everything else seems to be fine.

Its only when I use the chrome browser to look at netflix or youtube.

Netflix, when I scroll the mouse only to bring up the playback options it stutters the video, after they go away, video plays fine, or if I am working on my other screen, yes dual monitor, it plays fine but if I scroll on the screen playing the movie and the options come up, it stutters, otherwise, its ok

Youtube, it just stutters from time to time but not too noticable.

Both have only been on the chrome browser but I don't really notice it anywhere else. My high end games, set to max settings, don't seem to have any problems even with background programs running like skype and all but netflix and youtube stutter even if they are the only things running. Any ideas why this could be?

I want to test this with other browsers but I haven't just yet.

My system
Windows 7 professional 64 bit 7600 build
Intel Quad 2.6 GHz Q9550
BFG tech 260 GTX maxcore 55
4 gigs of DDR2 Memory, forgot the brand sorry
750 w ultra x4 psu
Gigabyte Mobo, also forgot specs on that sorry

Can get more system info if need be but its what I got for now
Anything will be helpful, thank you all.

it most lilky you forgot to install updated java and flash. both those web pages need that to run right. it not like your playing a game and it using the video card drivers. i would also check that you have the newest video card drivers..there is a studder bug with soem nvidia drivers and flash.

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

You think so? I wasn't sure, I am pretty sure that I did install them but then again I was doing everything very quickly. Anything else that you can think of? I am sure maybe its just that but then again I don't know.

Skynet928

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Ok so I did a system wide reinstall of flash java and the graphics drivers. Everything works but netflix is still stuttering but only when I bring up the playback options toolbar that comes default with netflix. It only does it on this computer and not on my laptop. Any suggestions?

Also I used firefox and chrome on netflix, both experienced the stuttering