Graphic Designer/Gaming PC advice needed

akk86

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hi everyone

I building a new rig for myself and need advice choosing parts.

Approximate Purchase Date: End of month

Budget Range: not an option

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Adobe CS5/6, music production, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Motherboard, ram, case, keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

I have already purchased the following:

Cpu: i5 2500k
Mobo: Asus Z68-V pro/gen3
Ram: Corsair Vengence 1600 (2x4gb)
Case: Cosair 600T White

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: frontosa.co.za

Parts Preferences: I would like help choosing my PSU, CPU cooler, GPU and sound card.

The PSU i am leaning towards is the Corsair HX750/850 or ax series.

The CPU cooler i was thinking about the Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim, CM Hyper 212 EVO or one of the Corsair H series closed loop liquid coolers.

The GPU i will purchase the end of June/July and was thinking of the Asus 560ti, the Asus ENGTX570 DCii/2DiS/1280MD5 with DirectCU ii dual fan 3 slots design or one of the ati offering simiiar perfomance that would last me atleast 2 years.

The sound card i was thinking about is the Asus Xonar Essence ST and i would purchase probably end of october with either Logitech Z623 2.1 or Logitech Z906 speaker setup.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC

The hyper 212 for cpu cooler

The 560ti is now at the end of its life . nVidia will be releasing 6XX cards this year , and the Radeon 7850 is considerably bettewr and on a few dollars more , so its a better choice IMO since it runs much cooler and quieter . The gigabyte dual fan model would be my first choice .
You would only need a 650 watt psu to crossfire two 7850's . So some of the extra cost is offset by the cheaper psu

A cheap sound card wont be noticeably better than the on board sound , especially if you are using the same speaker system

akk86

Honorable
May 13, 2012

I am aiming now my money at the Sapphire HD7950 OC, what is the communities thoughts on that together with my build. Would i then have to opt for a bigger PSU or stick to the Corsair HX650 knowing i probably will not XFire/SLI in future.

The hyper 212 EVO i am concerned about though seeing that the side mounted fan will obstruct my Corsair Vengence ram which i intend filling out all four of the Dimm slots with a 16Gb setup.

Just to get clarity, would the Asus Xonar Essence ST/X be a good combination with either Logitech Z623 2.1 or Logitech Z906 speaker setup, any recommendations?

Thanks

akk86

Honorable
May 13, 2012
If i could have the communities views on my last minute purchase ideas: So being a corsair fan, i am getting myself a Corsair hx650 and i have found that they have released new fans and was wondering if they would fit on my Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo in a push/pull setup. The fans im refering to would be the SP120 Quiet.