ebay - nokia service centres

Last response: in Brands
May 23, 2004 1:54:35 AM

Hi
If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
purchase at Nokia service centres?

--
Darren
http://www.darrenpowles.net

On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:54:35 +0100, :: Dazza :: wrote:

> Hi
> If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
> purchase at Nokia service centres?

Probably...Some companies can be quite picky about stuff bought fron
non-authorized outlets.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 3:47:57 AM

Many manufac turers now go out of their way to sate that Items boiught off
of Auction Sites are Non Inclusive in their warranties. I believe Palm is
one. The only good news is places like Moto and NOKIA also work off of date
codes. If the unit is new, as well as recently made, you may be ok. But lets
say its new, but was made 3 years ago, thats an issue

":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
> purchase at Nokia service centres?
>
> --
> Darren
> http://www.darrenpowles.net
> http://www.wirelesswales.net

May 26, 2004 7:56:10 AM

Not at all.
I got a N7650 from ebay some time ago (it was only 1 month old at the
time) and it died on me some months later, i took it to a Nokia centre
they put the IMEI into there computer and told me the phone was still
within its 12 months and fixed it free of charge. (well they swapped it
4 a new one)

As long as its not reported stolen you should be OK.

THE BLACKPANTHER
!