ebay - nokia service centres

Hi
If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
purchase at Nokia service centres?

--
Darren
http://www.darrenpowles.net

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:54:35 +0100, :: Dazza :: wrote:

    > Hi
    > If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
    > purchase at Nokia service centres?

    Probably...Some companies can be quite picky about stuff bought fron
    non-authorized outlets.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    Many manufac turers now go out of their way to sate that Items boiught off
    of Auction Sites are Non Inclusive in their warranties. I believe Palm is
    one. The only good news is places like Moto and NOKIA also work off of date
    codes. If the unit is new, as well as recently made, you may be ok. But lets
    say its new, but was made 3 years ago, thats an issue

    ":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > If i get a new Nokia off ebay, will I have trouble with proof of
    > purchase at Nokia service centres?
    >
    > --
    > Darren
    > http://www.darrenpowles.net
    > http://www.wirelesswales.net

    Not at all.
    I got a N7650 from ebay some time ago (it was only 1 month old at the
    time) and it died on me some months later, i took it to a Nokia centre
    they put the IMEI into there computer and told me the phone was still
    within its 12 months and fixed it free of charge. (well they swapped it
    4 a new one)

    As long as its not reported stolen you should be OK.

    THE BLACKPANTHER

Nokia Ebay