Sign in with
Your question

Acer AM3450 + AMD Radeon HD 6850 + Antec BP550 Plus 550W = ???

Last response: in Systems
May 19, 2012 9:45:45 PM

Hi, I'm planning to buy a computer by the end of May for gaming. I'm going to be playing League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, Aion, and possibly some other games. Does anyone know if Acer is a good computer company? Also is this a good build?

I'm planning to buy this:
Ace AM3450-UR30P Desktop
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850
Antec BP550 Plus 550W ATX12V V2.3 Modular Power Supply
May 19, 2012 10:51:58 PM

Acer are as good a computer company as anyone else .

The FX 4100 in that build is a decent processor , the motherboard uses an 880g chipset so thats OK too , but not ideal

But financially it doesnt make sense once you have also had to buy the graphics card and psu . That must put the total cost over $700 , and you can build a much better gaming computer for that price if you are prepared to assemble it yourself .
May 19, 2012 11:04:55 PM

The total price is $694.98. I also don't want to build the computer myself, I'd rather just swap out a few parts. So would you say that this is a good build?
Related resources
May 19, 2012 11:11:27 PM

No

If you can swap out the psu without removing the motherboard I would be very surprised . Once youve done that you have voided any warranty , and rebuilt the entire computer anyway

Build new , avoid the limitations
May 19, 2012 11:26:46 PM

Outlander_04 said:
No

If you can swap out the psu without removing the motherboard I would be very surprised . Once youve done that you have voided any warranty , and rebuilt the entire computer anyway

Build new , avoid the limitations

Alright would you have any suggestions on what to build? I'm a complete noob when talking about computer parts. I'd like to be using the same graphics card.

Some requirements:
RAM: 6GB DDR3 or higher
500GB or higher
3.0GHz or higher
CPU: i5 or AMD FX or better

I buy from Amazon, Newegg, Frys, TigerDirect.
My budget is $700 or under (preferably under).
!