Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Did I miss something somewhere ? DC no longer will load

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:46:41 AM

I had a nice working BF42 and DC_Final. I had played on-line in the last 3
months (thought I played bot games every so often) and I see the 1.61b patch
is out and I applied it. Not I can no longer run DC_Final. I can play
regular BF42 all I want. But if I try to join an Internet game or just
create my own lan game, by initial splash screen is all Gray and the game
crashes to Desktop on about the 50% load mark.

I've done the usual reload of the game, but it seems that DC_Final and 1.61b
don't like each other Or am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks

More about : miss longer load

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:20:44 PM

"Dale Mad_Murdock White" <inserthandle@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I've done the usual reload of the game, but it seems that DC_Final and
> 1.61b
> don't like each other Or am I missing something obvious ?

They like each other OK.

The usual cause of these symptoms are corrupt (custom) maps or other files
in the archive directory, or screen driver problems.

L.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:24:48 PM

Thanks for the response, I'm not sure what happened with the original
install, but on the re-installs I was spaced out and forgot to put DC 7 on
first and then DC final.

To quote the great literary giant Homer J. Simpson
"DOH !"

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

> The usual cause of these symptoms are corrupt (custom) maps or other files
> in the archive directory, or screen driver problems.
>
> L.

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:33:02 AM

> Thanks for the response, I'm not sure what happened with the original
> install, but on the re-installs I was spaced out and forgot to put DC 7 on
> first and then DC final.
>
> To quote the great literary giant Homer J. Simpson
> "DOH !"

Yeah, that would do it too ;-)

L.