xp window raises to top on title bar mouse-over

I have the following peculiar GUI behavior on the desktop. Whenever I move
the mouse over the title bar on a window, that window is raised to the front
and is given the focus. This only happens when I mouse-over the title bar,
not any other part of the window.

I have tried to use the "mouse" items in Tweak UI, and I have tried to
modify the register key UserPreferencesMask, but neither helps. How do I stop
this behavior?
1 answer Last reply
More about window raises title mouse over

    "kbakalar" <kbakalar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    | I have the following peculiar GUI behavior on the desktop. Whenever I move
    | the mouse over the title bar on a window, that window is raised to the front
    | and is given the focus. This only happens when I mouse-over the title bar,
    | not any other part of the window.
    |
    | I have tried to use the "mouse" items in Tweak UI, and I have tried to
    | modify the register key UserPreferencesMask, but neither helps. How do I stop
    | this behavior?

    TweakUI for XP v2.10
    Mouse
    X-Mouse
    [_] Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse)
    [_] Autoraise when activating

    Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

    What is your current value in UserPreferencesMask?

Configuration Mice Microsoft Customization Windows XP