Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need opinions on this Cyberpower pc

Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2012 6:04:56 PM

I am looking for a decent PC to run perfectly on BF3. I researched price of all the components, and it comes out to be between 1200-1300 bucks. After I built one on Cyber's website with the same components, the price is 1350 with free diablo3 and mass3 game. So I think this is a perfect deal. One thing I am worry about is that do all the components fit well together? I think the motherboard here has problems with recall and stuff. Need opinions Thx!!! The followings are components I choose for my PC:

Case: NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
Freebies: FREE! Mass Effect 3 Game
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+64] (EVGA Superclocked [+10])
Freebies: FREE! Diablo III Game
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-45] (Single Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

More about : opinions cyberpower

May 16, 2012 3:50:14 PM

Well, this is probably not what your gonna want to hear ,but be very careful of how you do business with cyber power. I have a colleague that recently ordered a computer from them was about a 1400 PC. When it arrived after a shipping snafu, it was DOA. The etching on the side was wrong along with using a " for a ' all in all, he had to ship his computer back and get his money back. Im not gonna say don't buy from them just be careful.

There shouldn't be much problem fitting the parts into your case and your components seem to go together pretty well. Your motherboard does seem to have a recall on it.

hope I have helped some.
m
l
May 20, 2012 12:52:03 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Pyree
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2012 1:03:19 AM

Wouldnt buy any PC from them unless they allow you to choose your PSU. Otherwise itll be a POS PSU and youll have issues with it gauranteed.
m
l
May 20, 2012 1:21:57 AM

I've had two PCs from them with no issues.
m
l
May 20, 2012 7:58:54 PM

Cyberpower's "Standard power supply" are know to be subpar and have a high failure rate compared to other brands.
I would swap it out for a well know and trusted power supply manufacturer.
(Corsair,Cooler Master,Raidmax)
m
l

Best solution

May 23, 2012 1:21:23 PM

The build is Ok.

Do not get any component labeled "standard" or "...major brand". choose a named brand for everything.

So remove that PSU and go with a good brand. I like the Corsair TX 850W.

I would change the RAM to 4gb x 2 to leave two slots open. Change it to one of the brands offered like Hyper X or the vengeance series.

Do you really need an i7? seems like overkill unless youre video editing or something like that. for gaming is just wasted money. go with an i5 3570K.

I doubt you need the intel protection plan (but get it if you want) and you could probably OC it yourself. Either way we're not talking much money here.

Might want to upgrade the mobo a bit. or not, i find thats a crapshoot because in the future you may want to upgrade the CPU and by then it will have a different socket requiring the latest motherboard... so thats a personal call. i like ASRock...

dont forget to use a promo code for 5% off. it used to be SPRING0410.
June 2, 2012 3:36:25 AM

Best answer selected by yuntian990.
m
l
!