View fan speed from java code

Bruno_20

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hello, i was wondering if i could have a java code , that let me see the cpu and other hardware temperature

LordHaHa

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Java? There's quite a few C/C++ based applications out there that monitor this information for Windows, and there are monitoring tools available in (at least some; haven't tried them all of course) Linux distributions...either included with the OS or again as third party programs.

Unless you are coding a Java application that can monitor these variables...I don't have a direct solution as what coding I do is minimal and does not involve Java, but this blog post details what one coder did in Linux to develop a program along the lines you are talking about. However unless I am mistaken it looks like he called the results from an external source though, and was personally unable to develop a result wholly within Java at the time. But hopefully the example will give you some ideas, and if not you could try and contact him.

Alternatively there are a rather wide number of sites and forums on the Internet dedicated to Java development. Also you may wish to investigate or ask the denizens of the "Software/Applications/Programming" section here on Tom's as well, that is if you work with Java somewhat prodigiously.

LordHaHa