Solved

What would be the best case that I could buy for under $100

Hey guys, what would be the best case that I can buy for under $100 it has to have a good airflow and look good :D I am thinking of a HAF 922 right now any suggestions? (Best answer will be selected! :o )
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what case
  1. What is your Current Setup???.
  2. This is a Good premium Case with good reviews, Excellent Cable Management and Cooling.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008


    A review of the case for more info.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-u7FdeLSMI
  3. I love my Thor v2. 99.99 right now. gets great reviews.

    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147053

    same with the antec 1100. both have great cooling.

    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129178&Tpk=antec%201100
  4. I got this last month and think its great. It has great airflow and cable mangement, and the included fans are very quiet. The quality is excellant, as is the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235027
  5. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006I2H0YS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER $76.94 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case - CC-9011014-WW

    http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case.html
  6. If he wants good airflow the corsair cases wouldn't seem to be the way to go. They are nice but they always have pretty high temps in reviews it seems?
  7. unksol said:
    If he wants good airflow the corsair cases wouldn't seem to be the way to go. They are nice but they always have pretty high temps in reviews it seems?

    Corsair graphite and carbide series cases have great airlfow. It's cases like the 650D and 850D that have bad airflow.

    http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case.html <---- click "reviews" on the left side of that page. That case has an air duct, side cooling, top cooling, front fans, etc...
  8. Why_Me said:
    Corsair graphite and carbide series cases have great airlfow. It's cases like the 650D and 850D that have bad airflow.


    Ah that must be what I'm thinking of then.
  9. What do you think would be a better choice HAF 922 or 400R?

    chulex67 said:
    This is a Good premium Case with good reviews, Excellent Cable Management and Cooling.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008


    A review of the case for more info.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-u7FdeLSMI
  10. asalikus said:
    What do you think would be a better choice HAF 922 or 400R?

    The 922 is a good case but it's dated. No dust filters, no front 3.0 USB ports, etc...


    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Tower-Gaming-Computer/dp/B0055Q7BR4/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1337539676&sr=1-4 <----- Save $10 on shipping.

    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-400r-mid-tower-case.html <---- read the "Tech Specs" on there (left side of that page) and then click the reviews link on the left of that page and read a few of those reviews so you have a better idea.
  11. This is going to my build:

    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Video card: GTX 680
    Power Supply: AZZA Titan 1000w 1000A14
    CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge 3770k
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 2x4
    HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
    Optical Drive: ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

    I will probably put these at future:
    1x GTX 680
    2x Consair 2x4
    1xSilver arrow
    1x SSD?

    chulex67 said:
    What is your Current Setup???.
  12. Best answer
    asalikus said:
    This is going to my build:

    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Video card: GTX 680
    Power Supply: AZZA Titan 1000w 1000A14
    CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge 3770k
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 2x4
    HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
    Optical Drive: ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

    I will probably put these at future:
    1x GTX 680
    2x Consair 2x4
    1xSilver arrow
    1x SSD?

    That psu you have up there is an over priced paper weight. If this is a gaming build then drop that 3770K for a 3570K and you can get enough on a mild o/c on the vid card (gtx 670) without adding any voltage to run on par with a gtx 680.

    750W psu...look at Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, Antec Gamer series psu's, Silvertone, Enermax, etc... in fact just grab the Corsair TX 750w psu and call it good. The TX 750 combo's with that Corsair 400R on newegg right now. Then combo that board with the 3570K to save a few $$$, drop the Silver Arrow for this down below to get better thermals and save a few more dollars.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103176 $69.99
    Cooler Master TPC 812 RR-T812-24PK-R1 120mm Sleeve with Dual Vertical Vapor Chamber TPC 812 CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

    http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2654 <----- that's a review on that h/s

    http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm <---- there again on frosty tech's top 5 list for intel h/s
  13. Antec 302, end of debate.
  14. Best answer selected by asalikus.
  15. asalikus said:
    Best answer selected by asalikus.

    nMake sure that Corsair RAM you have up there is the Corsair Vengeance with the Low Profile heat sinks and not the ones with those tall cake cutter ones or your never going to fit an after market cpu h/s. Those tall heat sinks are good for using as a hair comb and nothing more.
  16. Thanks why me you are the BEST :)
    Why_Me said:
    Make sure that Corsair RAM you have up there is the Corsair Vengeance with the Low Profile heat sinks and not the ones with those tall cake cutter ones or your never going to fit an after market cpu h/s. Those tall heat sinks are good for using as a hair comb and nothing more.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cases Systems Product