Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 550ti enough?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 18, 2012 5:19:34 PM

So I have just built another PC.....while I am not going to do the most intense heavy gaming I decided to build a nice lil monster. So my question is should I go for a higher graphics card or will the GTX 550ti play most games out today? I don't necessarily want to spend more on a GPU as they tend to change too often.....however if it's necessary to play any game out on my 24" display then I will have too.

Asus Gen 3 Pro
I7 2600K/Cooler Master Hyper 212+ cooler
16GB Corsair Dominator
128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
750W Thermaltake PS

More about : gtx 550ti

March 19, 2012 1:01:37 AM

joninoone is right, you have a great system and you should put more than a 550ti.

It is a good card but ''out of sync'' with your system.
m
0
l
March 19, 2012 1:27:49 AM

margag_ said:
joninoone is right, you have a great system and you should put more than a 550ti.

It is a good card but ''out of sync'' with your system.

Yeah just wondering if it would be overkill.....I guess that's my concern. However I guess bumpin it up to the nest notch and spending another $75-$100 would be ok too.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 19, 2012 1:33:20 AM

Minimum 560ti or 6950 with that build for a better match.
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
March 19, 2012 2:50:43 AM

I would go with the GTX 560 ti with that build. My build has two 550 ti's in SLI and they are not that great of a card. Maybe for other stuff but not that good for gaming.

At newegg right now you can buy a Zotac GTX 560 ti for $164.99 after rebate. If I had the money right now I would be ordering two of then and get rid of my 550's so here is the link.

Good luck to you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
March 19, 2012 3:12:31 AM

Zotac 560ti-448 core $240, IMHO I think this might just be your best bang for your buck.

Newegg prices
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 19, 2012 9:21:40 AM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:
Zotac 560ti-448 core $240, IMHO I think this might just be your best bang for your buck.

Newegg prices


+1 - the 560ti 448 is currently Amazing Price/Perf.
m
0
l
March 19, 2012 1:14:54 PM

yeah... that GPU would definately bottleneck the system... Did you purchase all of that yet? for gaming it seems like overkill. go with the i5 2500K and 8gb of RAM is more than enough. with the difference, you could go 560 Ti or even 570 1.2... of course if youre doing more than gaming and/or you already purchased those components its a mute point.

you could drop the $165 for a 560 Ti now (OC it)... then in a year or so purchase another (for what i'm sure by then will be half the current price) and SLI them. although you might need to upgrade the PSU to 850w....

just a suggestion...
m
0
l
March 19, 2012 2:24:29 PM

mojorisin23 said:
yeah... that GPU would definately bottleneck the system... Did you purchase all of that yet? for gaming it seems like overkill. go with the i5 2500K and 8gb of RAM is more than enough. with the difference, you could go 560 Ti or even 570 1.2... of course if youre doing more than gaming and/or you already purchased those components its a mute point.

you could drop the $165 for a 560 Ti now (OC it)... then in a year or so purchase another (for what i'm sure by then will be half the current price) and SLI them. although you might need to upgrade the PSU to 850w....

just a suggestion...

Yeah it's already built.....just trying to decide on what card to drop in it. I went with the I7 2600K over the I5 2500K because a local retail store ran a sale and it only cost me $50 more for the I7 and the 16Gig of ram was on sale for only $75 while the 8 gig kit was $50 so..........just made financial sense to me to go I7 with 16 gig instead of I5 and 8 gig with it only costing me about $75 more....
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
March 19, 2012 11:57:21 PM

The price just jumped $15.00 dollars over night. Wow Yeah if you don't grab when it is in front of you. You will surely miss out.
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 2:33:53 AM

Thanks folks.....upgraded to 560ti and lovin it so far!
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
March 21, 2012 2:59:08 AM

That is good to hear. You have fun gaming on that nice rig. And make sure you clean it out once a month so the dust won't build up and cause problems. To much money in the rig. Good luck
m
0
l
!