anth0nym

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:
This Month or 2 months BUDGET RANGE: $500+

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Star Wars MMO

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY:
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
Intel Core i7-2600K
OCZ Agility 3 120gb SATA III
CORSAIR XMS3 32GB (4x8GB)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com (but if you recommend better that's fine) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: Doesn't matter I prefer a PhysX card tho.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Right now 1360x768 (possible upgrade in the future to 1920x1080)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want a card to last me at least 2 years before a new upgrade. Must run all games above on Ultra settings with a playable frame rate.

Also, should I wait for the GTX 600 series?

The new Nvidia Kepler series cards are due to be released in 4 days so you can wait and see what they have to offer especialy since you are going to be building in a month or two. That will give you plenty of time to see what the pricing and performance will be and what all the other video cards will be priced at. There is sure to be a lot of price adjustments with the AMD cards once Kepler hits the retail stores. The current Nvidia cards will also have some nice price adjustments to counter and you could pick up a GTX 580 for $400 or under and that card is still a force for great gaming performance.

anth0nym

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
The other parts are already purchased and the computer is built, just need a GPU and I was waiting to see what was around the corner. Ill wait and see about the gtx 600 series.