document settings folder

December 31, 2004 3:53:03 AM

under this folder document settings...
I have 9 user accounts ?
1- Administrator
2- Administrator.Jeralyn
3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
5-All Users
6- (faded color) Default User
7-Guest
8-Owner
9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )

I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and
typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen ?
I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...

what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?

thanks for any help

Tina
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 5:25:30 AM

Hi Tina,

Your best bet would be not to delete any folders under documents and settings. That folder hierarchy
holds critical profile information for your and other user profiles and is best to leave it alone.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Tina" <gstina1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:xT5Bd.272$2P3.74@fe11.lga...
> under this folder document settings...
> I have 9 user accounts ?
> 1- Administrator
> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
> 5-All Users
> 6- (faded color) Default User
> 7-Guest
> 8-Owner
> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )
>
> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and typed in the name Tina
> for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen ? I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...
>
> what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?
>
> thanks for any help
>
> Tina

December 31, 2004 11:10:22 AM

thankyou Anando for your reply, however I am the only user on this machine.
During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has never been
on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the doc/settings list ?
I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.

thanks so much
Tina

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o UngDGw7EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Tina,
>
> Your best bet would be not to delete any folders under documents and
> settings. That folder hierarchy holds critical profile information for
> your and other user profiles and is best to leave it alone.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> Microsoft Certified Professional
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Tina" <gstina1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> under this folder document settings...
>> I have 9 user accounts ?
>> 1- Administrator
>> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
>> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
>> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
>> 5-All Users
>> 6- (faded color) Default User
>> 7-Guest
>> 8-Owner
>> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )
>>
>> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and
>> typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen
>> ? I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...
>>
>> what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?
>>
>> thanks for any help
>>
>> Tina

December 31, 2004 12:47:18 PM

In Control Panel > User Accounts you can delete the extra profiles. You can
re-name your working profile to "Tina" if that helps. OTH create a new
working profile. You would then need to set this up from scratch re:
desktop, start menu, personal files in My Documents etc. Maybe more trouble
than it's worth.

--
~john aka: jopa

> thankyou Anando for your reply, however I am the only user on this
> machine. During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has
> never been on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the
> doc/settings list ?
> I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
> stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
> maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.
>
> thanks so much
> Tina
>
> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o UngDGw7EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Tina,
>>
>> Your best bet would be not to delete any folders under documents and
>> settings. That folder hierarchy holds critical profile information for
>> your and other user profiles and is best to leave it alone.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> Microsoft Certified Professional
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Tina" <gstina1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> under this folder document settings...
>>> I have 9 user accounts ?
>>> 1- Administrator
>>> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
>>> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
>>> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
>>> 5-All Users
>>> 6- (faded color) Default User
>>> 7-Guest
>>> 8-Owner
>>> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )
>>>
>>> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup
>>> and typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login
>>> screen ? I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...
>>>
>>> what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?
>>>
>>> thanks for any help
>>>
>>> Tina

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 8:32:07 PM

"jopa662" wrote:
> [...]
>  >> news:xT5Bd.272$2P3.74@fe11.lga...
>   >>> under this folder document settings...
>   >>> I have 9 user accounts ?
>   >>> 1- Administrator
>   >>> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
>   >>> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
>   >>> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
>   >>> 5-All Users
>   >>> 6- (faded color) Default User
>   >>> 7-Guest
>   >>> 8-Owner
>   >>> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder
> with all my stuff )
>   >>>
>   >>> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when
> new I messed up the setup
>   >>> and typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina
> never shows on my login
>   >>> screen ? I log in under Jeralyn
> Administrator...
>   >>>
>   >>> what folders if any can i delete ? Which

Hi,

The stuff in Documents and Settings is your profile stuff. The thing
is IF you change your name in XP. eg. from Tina to Jeryaln the Folder
in Documents and Settings DOESN’T Change. That is why the "Tina"
folder contains all your stuff.

It looks like your Workgroup is also called Jeryaln. The
Administrator,
Administrator.Jeralyn, Administrator.Jeralyn.000, and
Administrator.Jeralyn.001 are all copies of the same folder which is
the Administrator settings folder.

This is NOT your stuff but the local hidden administrator account and
profile that gets created automatically when you install XP. Make
sure there is a user.dat in the Administrator folder and then you can
safely delete only the Administrator.Jeralyn,
Administrator.Jeralyn.000, and Administrator.Jeralyn.001 as long as
you check to make sure there is nothing in there of yours. Keep the
Administrator folder and all the others as they are needed by XP.

5-All Users
6- (faded color) Default User
7-Guest
8-Owner
9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )

Cheers,

Lara

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Customize-document-setting...

"Tina" <gstina1@hotmail.com> wrote:
| I am the only user on this machine.
| During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has never been
| on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the doc/settings list ?
| I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
| stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
| maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.

| >> under this folder document settings...
| >> I have 9 user accounts ?
| >> 1- Administrator
| >> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
| >> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
| >> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
| >> 5-All Users
| >> 6- (faded color) Default User
| >> 7-Guest
| >> 8-Owner
| >> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )
|
| >> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and
| >> typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen
| >> ? I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...
|
| >> what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?

Tina,

To make Tina show on your login screen:

TweakUI for XP (v2.10)
Logon