What did I do to lose my XP printer wizard

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 9, 2005 4:32:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I installed LViewPro and wham! I lost my winxp scanner & printer
wizard!

Now, every time I try to print, that lousy LviewPro momentarily pops up
and sends the full-size 8.5x11 photo to my printer. No questions. No
selections. No "Do you want to continue". No nothing!

Needless to say, I immediately uninstalled that crummy LviewPro
program.

But, now how do I get my Windows XP Printer Wizard to come back?
I love the way it prints to fit the page with photos.

Or is there some other program I can use that organizes multiple photos
for printing (especially since the Microsoft wizard can't orient the
photos anyway)?

More about : lose printer wizard

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:33:00 PM

Jack wrote:
> Use system restore to return to an earlier time when everything worked
> okay.

Yup. That worked fine!
Thanks.
I now have the Windwx XP printer wizard back up and running!
July 9, 2005 7:03:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Use system restore to return to an earlier time when everything worked
okay.
Jack

> I installed LViewPro and wham! I lost my winxp scanner & printer
> wizard!
>
> Now, every time I try to print, that lousy LviewPro momentarily pops up
> and sends the full-size 8.5x11 photo to my printer. No questions. No
> selections. No "Do you want to continue". No nothing!
>
> Needless to say, I immediately uninstalled that crummy LviewPro
> program.
>
> But, now how do I get my Windows XP Printer Wizard to come back?
> I love the way it prints to fit the page with photos.
>
> Or is there some other program I can use that organizes multiple photos
> for printing (especially since the Microsoft wizard can't orient the
> photos anyway)?
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 7:16:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

You could have simply gone to XP's Start Control Panel, chosen the
Printers, then View the installed printers, then select the Printer
which you wish you use as default instead of the LviewPro, and set it
back as the Default printer for your computer!!! That would keep
LviewPro available if you wanted to use it, while still preserving your
defaul printer as you desire it.

--Wilt
!