Gtx 560 7i

apug1

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello,
MY SON WANTED TO UPGRADE HISS PROCESSOR TO THE INTEL I7 2600. BUT HE WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE HIS MOTHER BOARD. DIGITAL STORM SUGGESTED TO UPGADE HIS GRAPHICS CARD TO THE GTX 560 7I

DM186

Splendid

If you are going to upgrade and you need to change everything in his PC. You might want just to build a new system. The reason I say this is because.

1. Upgrade the CPU to a i5 2500k. The i5 is the CPU that is the best for gaming. The i7 is overkill and you would only use about 40% of it. By not getting it you save over a $100.00

2. Upgrade the GPU to a GTX 560 Ti. These cards are a good strong gaming GPU. He will be able to play the games of today with good graphic and resolution, and right now they are on sale. I saw one today at newegg.com for $164.99 after rebate. This is a $100.00 cheaper then what they were selling for.

3. Upgrade the MOBO (mother board) to a Z68 or higher.

4. Upgrade your PSU (power supply). You will need a bigger PSU. If you buy one make sure the brands are either a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, and XFX. And it should be a 500w or bigger. There are a lot of Generic ones out there. If you buy one you could be buying a whole new PC.

5. You should be able to keep your HDD drive and your RAM and of course your DVD/CD player RW. If you would like more info on this just repost and I will get you going in the right direction or someone else on here as well. Good luck on the up grade.

lamefif

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
For games graphics cards are more important then CPU unless he plays Chess ..but make sure you meet the power requirements GTX 560 needs at least 500W otherwise you wont see anything.