Thermaltake Cases???

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hi, apparently Thermaltake don't sell cases without a PSU in Australia.........don't ask me why.

Anyway I bought an Antec 480W PSU for my upgrade prior to findout out this information so I have to buy one with a PSU and take it out so I can use this one (which I would prefer to do if I have too).

What I am wondering..........who can recommend a cool looking case with flexibility for an AM2 system which I'm working on upgrading too? Would the Tsunami be ok? Or would you go for something like the Shark?

Or can you think or another cheaper brand (which also looks very cool) that you can refer me too. Obviously I want something that looks good but is also practical and functional if possible.

Thanks

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
What? You mean you will be forced to buy the psu as well?! That's some crazy stuff. Have you tried ebay and maybe someone out there in the "outback" is selling a Thermaltake case with no string attached. If you can't find one then Im sorry, but between the two I would choose the Shark over the Tsuanmi for I think the two cases are practically equal in performance but the Shark is more cool looking. And if you want another good quality cases then look for Lian Li brand cases and for nice cases that is more affordable then check out the Centurion cases. :D

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
AM2 is an ATX form factor so any ATX case will do. As for "cool looking" that will differ between different people. Since you are an Aussie you can't use newegg, but I would still recomend using newegg to search for a case. Outside of a local store with a large selection they have the largest and best put together for browsing that I have seen. Find one you like and hope you can find a seller that will ship to you.

Bottom line, it's hard to tell someone which is the best case, because so many are just about the same in most every way but outside looks. Find one you like.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Hi, apparently Thermaltake don't sell cases without a PSU in Australia.........don't ask me why.
I've seen them in shops online W/O PSU's, & yes I live Downunder also.
Tried asking how much without the PSU also.

As for looks & style it's what you like not others, you have to live with it.

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
I've seen them in shops online W/O PSU's, & yes I live Downunder also.
Tried asking how much without the PSU also.

As for looks & style it's what you like not others, you have to live with it.

I thought they would be available too but I've checked all the popular websites for thermaltake without PSU's and the only one imported into Australia now is the Armour without a PSU and it's not a case I particularly like. Apparently the wholesalers used to import them without a PSU but are now refusing to do so although if you find a site then let me know.

I will check out EBay.......never thought of that.

Thanks guys, maybe the Shark is the way to go.........and I will check out the other brands too.

;-)

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
http://www.gamedude.com.au/
THERMALTAKE MAMBO BLACK Tower NO POWER 12cm Rear Fan Chassis MODEL :VC2000BNS-02 - Price $ 89
THERMALTAKE SHARK BLACK Tower Chassis MODEL :VA7000BWA - Price $ 209
THERMALTAKE XASER3 V4000A With Side Window, SILVER ALUMINIUM - Price $ 229

http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=5
Thermaltake VC2000BNS Mambo Black Case(NO PSU) - Internet Price: $75.00 Retail Price: $109.00

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
http://www.gamedude.com.au/
THERMALTAKE MAMBO BLACK Tower NO POWER 12cm Rear Fan Chassis MODEL :VC2000BNS-02 - Price $ 89
THERMALTAKE SHARK BLACK Tower Chassis MODEL :VA7000BWA - Price $ 209
THERMALTAKE XASER3 V4000A With Side Window, SILVER ALUMINIUM - Price $ 229

http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=5
Thermaltake VC2000BNS Mambo Black Case(NO PSU) - Internet Price: $75.00 Retail Price: $109.00

Thanks for those links, I couldn't find those items at all.........

I rang (and checked) the following websites and they told me you can't get them here.

www.cpl.net.au
www.msy.com.au
www.pccasegear.com.au
www.scorptech.com.au

Thanks for providing those links, I am going to check them out right now!!!!

;-)

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Thanks again, just ordered the Shark from gamedude.........perfect for me and the shipping is cheaper from QLD than it was to get something from the other side of town.......lol.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Your welcome. 8)

I can get something faster from Melbourne to Nth Q'Land (overnight) than locally (if ever).

Have fun with the rest of your build.

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
Hopefully I don't stuff it up..........lol

;-)

The hardest part for me putting together a new system is making sure all the LED connectors are on the right pins on the mobo.

I really hate that part.........

Bolero

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
hmm..shark is good but why ar u after thermaltake?

They are great cases with great cooling options and plenty of room.......they also look cool and glow nicely in the dark where I spend a lot of time.........well.........gaming!!!!

;-)

And a cool person deserves a cool case........don't you think?