Sign in with
Your question

White tint on second monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 18, 2012 8:36:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with either my graphics card or my monitor, either way:

I just hooked up a Dell monitor to my pc as a second monitor and when sitting there looking at both screens
I notice the Dell has a pretty big colour difference. The main monitor looks fine (A deep blue is the best way to describe it) while the dell on the other had has this white tint that amost makes grey/white text or background indistinguishable from one another.

Is this an issue with my graphics card or just that this monitor isn't the greatest.

My main monitor is a Samsung SMB2030
The secondary is a Dell 1905FP

Cheers

More about : white tint monitor

March 18, 2012 9:03:44 PM

deadkandy said:
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with either my graphics card or my monitor, either way:

I just hooked up a Dell monitor to my pc as a second monitor and when sitting there looking at both screens
I notice the Dell has a pretty big colour difference. The main monitor looks fine (A deep blue is the best way to describe it) while the dell on the other had has this white tint that amost makes grey/white text or background indistinguishable from one another.

Is this an issue with my graphics card or just that this monitor isn't the greatest.

My main monitor is a Samsung SMB2030
The secondary is a Dell 1905FP

Cheers

I would try and find the factory reset on the Dell monitor, just so that you know that you are starting from scratch on that monitor.
m
l
March 18, 2012 10:39:06 PM

danny2000 said:
I would try and find the factory reset on the Dell monitor, just so that you know that you are starting from scratch on that monitor.

I did try that originally (I probably should have mentioned that)

But for the hell of it I did it again then, still that white kind of...well, glow i guess i could call it
m
l
Related resources
March 19, 2012 2:02:43 AM

What is your setup beyond the two monitors? ie, pc, video card, power supply.
Are you using the correct monitor driver for the Dell?

Also, how does the Dell monitor look when it is the only monitor hooked-up on your system or another system?
m
l
March 19, 2012 6:51:23 AM

NVIDIA GeForce 285
850w PSU
When i have it plugged in by itself it's still slightly white

Edit: I should also point out that the driver is coming up as Generic PnP but when i go to install the 1905 driver it says the old one is better
Edit 2: I got the driver from Dells website (xp is the only available version) and tried to manually install it but it said it was not compatible
m
l
!