WTF? Book publishers on crack?

Jordan

Found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471771805/qid=1123607613/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9912027-4076918?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Xbox for Dummies takes the reader through the details of getting the
Xbox up and running on the home TV. It goes on to expose functionality
that system buyers might not even be aware of. HDTV support, Dolby
sound, and networking make the Xbox a device to be reckoned with in the
home entertainment setup.The book also discusses the Xbox as a social
device that the reader can use to make new friends, join new groups and
teams, and even throw fantastic parties with the Xbox at the center.
Xbox for Dummies guides users through managing these online
relationships with a special nod to parents concerned about security.

Jordan wrote:
> Found on Amazon:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471771805/qid=1123607613/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9912027-4076918?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
>
> Xbox for Dummies takes the reader through the details of getting the
> Xbox up and running on the home TV. It goes on to expose functionality
> that system buyers might not even be aware of. HDTV support, Dolby
> sound, and networking make the Xbox a device to be reckoned with in the
> home entertainment setup.The book also discusses the Xbox as a social
> device that the reader can use to make new friends, join new groups and
> teams, and even throw fantastic parties with the Xbox at the center.
> Xbox for Dummies guides users through managing these online
> relationships with a special nod to parents concerned about security.

Well, us xbox owners are pretty dumb.

jlc

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Found on Amazon:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471771805/qid=1123607613/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9912027-4076918?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
>
> Xbox for Dummies takes the reader through the details of getting the
> Xbox up and running on the home TV. It goes on to expose functionality
> that system buyers might not even be aware of. HDTV support, Dolby
> sound, and networking make the Xbox a device to be reckoned with in the
> home entertainment setup.The book also discusses the Xbox as a social
> device that the reader can use to make new friends, join new groups and
> teams, and even throw fantastic parties with the Xbox at the center.
> Xbox for Dummies guides users through managing these online
> relationships with a special nod to parents concerned about security.

It's for the 360 and it does make since because most buyers don't have a
clue about all the high tech stuff even the old Xbox can do. They just plug
it in and listen through their TV's speakers and they think that that's as
good as it gets. "Dolby what? HD what's that?" we forget that the masses
don't know or care about getting the most out of their consoles. As long as
Little Johnny/Jane is out of Mommy and Daddies hair for a few hours that's
all they care about. JLC

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"JLC" <j.jc@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Found on Amazon:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471771805/qid=1123607613/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-9912027-4076918?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
>>
>> Xbox for Dummies takes the reader through the details of getting the
>> Xbox up and running on the home TV. It goes on to expose functionality
>> that system buyers might not even be aware of. HDTV support, Dolby
>> sound, and networking make the Xbox a device to be reckoned with in the
>> home entertainment setup.The book also discusses the Xbox as a social
>> device that the reader can use to make new friends, join new groups and
>> teams, and even throw fantastic parties with the Xbox at the center.
>> Xbox for Dummies guides users through managing these online
>> relationships with a special nod to parents concerned about security.
>>

> It's for the 360 and it does make since because most buyers don't have a
> clue about all the high tech stuff even the old Xbox can do. They just
> plug it in and listen through their TV's speakers and they think that
> that's as good as it gets. "Dolby what? HD what's that?" we forget that
> the masses don't know or care about getting the most out of their
> consoles. As long as Little Johnny/Jane is out of Mommy and Daddies hair
> for a few hours that's all they care about. JLC

What is it, 5 pages long?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:15:09 GMT, in article
<1jeKe.3253$RZ2.3245@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, Rob drawled...

>What is it, 5 pages long?

With a picture and a sentence on each page, you could probably stretch it to
about 50 pages.

--
Sir Real http://www.sirrealcomix.ws/
tosspam@aol.com abuse@aol.com abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com