Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
ok when my buddies connect tp me with my 10mb connection speed. they get massive lag. what i want to know is how to fix this issue.

Solution
I'm not here to start any flame wars...

The specs all look fine... I'm betting that the issue is the fact that you're playing on the same system the server is running from. If possible, try running the server from another PC. If that's not possible, about the only thing you can to do help the existing system handle those connections, is to install more RAM. Try moving up to 8GB.

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
ok i am using a wireless n+ router, my up load speed is 1mb, and we r all about 10-20 miles away from each other. and i am just using the game clients server program. like gmod, terria, generals ect. is this enough info or do u need more?
and i aplojize about the lack of info i will provide more in the futcher

how many incoming connections are there when you're trying to set up this server? Is it just you and one friend? Or is there multiple people all trying to connect to you at once? Some info on the hardware this server is running on would be helpful as well. Things like CPU brand and model, amount and type of RAM... and is the server dedicated? Or are you running the server on the same computer you are also playing from yourself?

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
3-5 max connections. cpu amd athalon 2x2 64bit 2.70ghz , 4gb ddr2 pc-6400, 2x1tb hdd, 1gb hd ati radeon 4650. and i am running the server on the same pc that i am playing on. if u need more info that i have left out please tell me so i can give u the needed info. and please NO wise cracks about amd.

I'm not here to start any flame wars...

The specs all look fine... I'm betting that the issue is the fact that you're playing on the same system the server is running from. If possible, try running the server from another PC. If that's not possible, about the only thing you can to do help the existing system handle those connections, is to install more RAM. Try moving up to 8GB.

Solution

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

its the desktop. when i switched over to my new laptop. it was running the servr soft better. my friends dont mind connecting to me :). thanks so much for your help