Sound Issue

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hello,
Asus M4A88T-V EVO
Onboard sound Realtek
Windows 7 64 bit

I recently replaced the power supply on my system, and when I fired it back up, no sound is coming from the speakers. I double checked the speakers were working, and they are. I downloaded updated drivers from realtek, even reverted and let windows install it. Checked BIOS to make sure onboard sound was enabled. Tried all the unplugging and replugging tricks. I do get a signal that the CPU is recognising sound in the mixer, but nothing comes out of the speakers.
Ideas?

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I've tried plugging into all sockets, including the front panel yes. I even tried a different cord to make sure that wasn't the problem. Is it possible for the ports to be fritzed.

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I can't post a picture, but I'm pretty confident all settings are normal and as should be, at least as they were before the problem started. Nothing is muted

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I've run the test and no sound correct. The system recognizes the speakers, and in volume control, I am getting a signal, indicating that sound is being recognized, but none comes out.

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
all connections are good. Realtek control panel recognizes a connection on both back and front panels. I'm sensing an issue with my BIOS? But I'm not an expert enough on BIOS configs to know for sure. I do know that the audio is enabled in BIOS.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
...On second thought, some systems let you select AC '97 or HD Audio mode. Your FP connector needs to match the mode you have chosen. Many cases use front panel connectors that have both AC '97 and separate HD Audio connections on them.

If, you can select the mode in the BIOS (usually in the integrated devices section), make sure your FP connector matches the mode.

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
My MOBO does have both HD and AC 'Mode, and the case has plugs for both. HD is plugged in and enabled. I'll try plugging in the AC'97 and enabling that option in BIOS. Try anything at this point.

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I tried the ASUS driver download, and the one from realtek. I just did the switch to AC '97 and no dice. I think the onboard sound might just be fried. SHould I invest in a soundcard?

samburg

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Actually, I guess since both the front and back panel don't work, it isn't just the MOBO internal sound right? The fishy thing for me is the fact that when I play a sound, the volume control picks up a signal. Usually when I have a sound issue, there is no signal. I'm at a loss.