600 kepler series

lamefif

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
With the news that they are to come out soon i was thinking what to go for .. not very savvy when it comes to graphics cards just recently have gotten into having the best ones.

My question is what to go for, a GTX 680 and maybe a second one down the road or wait for a GTX 690 and get a second one later on maybe... i know there are no reliable specs yet but what do you guys think given you know more then i ..

thanks.

lamefif

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
well bigmack thanks for the replay .. i want to make a good investment that will last the reason im taking my time .. as the GTX 590 has been the bad ass for erm well over a year now .. the kepler series will be the next big thing for say till 2014 .. so just fishing for some guidance on what would be the better choice of the two cards.

I've built 50+ gaming sytstems.
I currently have an HD5870 and an Intel i7-860 CPU but will be upgrading the graphics card. I'm waiting for Kepler then will weigh the Pros and Cons and will be choosing between these two cards (probably):

1. Sapphire Tech HD7950 OC (unofficially overclocked to 45% above stock. 44Amps roughly for stock, probably 60Amps needed for 25% overclock.)

2. GTX670/680 (and a great cooling solution)

All things being roughly equal (and accounting for a 25% overclock on the HD7950 OC) I'll go with NVidia for PhysX/CUDA. I'm not a fanboy and I always weigh the Pros and Cons. The HD5870 was a result of NVidia first dropping the ball with the hot and noisy GTX4xx cards.