Sign in with
Your question

Small business wireless setup

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 25, 2011 5:26:47 PM

Hello,

Our company is moving to a new location temporarily and we will be looking to do wireless for our network instead of wired. We have a dell power edge 2900 server running windows SBS 2008 and a switch with more than enough ports for what we need. What i need to know is how exactly to do the wireless and what hardware would work best for us. We plan to have approximately 45 computers hooked into the server and have some wired but for the most part wireless. Also we would want to look into advanced security options for our wireless set up as we will be in the same building as a few other companies.

Thanks ahead of time.
Related resources
July 29, 2011 3:33:29 PM

Gintare said:
here http://www.ringobiz.co.nz

That looks like an illegitimate spam site to me.
Or like better information can be found from a google search... What is that site's purpose?
m
l
September 2, 2011 12:04:47 PM

theone1223 said:
Hello,

Our company is moving to a new location temporarily and we will be looking to do wireless for our network instead of wired. We have a dell power edge 2900 server running windows SBS 2008 and a switch with more than enough ports for what we need. What i need to know is how exactly to do the wireless and what hardware would work best for us. We plan to have approximately 45 computers hooked into the server and have some wired but for the most part wireless. Also we would want to look into advanced security options for our wireless set up as we will be in the same building as a few other companies.

Thanks ahead of time.

Hi,
Have a look at the new Dlink DSR-1000n. i have just bought one, full of security features and vpn. a little tricky to setup but easier than most other routers. good speeds.

m
l
!