Problem with acer monitor

oyah16

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hello,
i try to on my desktop. CPU processor is Okie but monitor has no signal. What might be the problem ???

^That's a harsh comment for missing "turn" in "i try to on my desktop".

I am pretty sure oyah16 is fluent in English (don't ask me how I know, let's say it's an ability you acquire after you ascend to become a moderator :D).

oyah16, are you using a dedicated graphic card or are you using the onboard?

Also list your specification.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I'm sorry if it comes off harsh, but here's my reasoning.

1. Starts his post with "Hello," on its own line, the hallmark of the countless people who come here asking for help in butchered English and never return after realizing they can't feed technical instructions through a translator and get anything useful back.

2. Missing the articles "the" in the second sentence, along with the missing "turn" in the first suggests a lack of understanding of the nuances of English syntax. Sentences like that make perfect sense in some other languages, just not English.

3. The word "Okie" is a little bit odd, but when combined with the other oddities, suggests he may have actually intended to say "Okay" but was unfamiliar with the spelling of this insanely common English word. Of course this may just be a personal style thing, but taken with the other evidence, I don't think so.

4. Oyah is actually not that uncommon a name, but is almost nonexistent in English speaking countries. As I'm sure you know, many people coming here for help who do not speak English well use their real names for their forum handles.

If he comes back and says that he does indeed speak fluent English, I will gladly apologize profusely, but I really don't think he does.