aerial for cark-91

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 24, 2004 3:49:19 AM

What is the best type of aerial/antenna to fit with a CARK-91 ?
And where is the best/cheapest place, in the UK, to buy one?

Cheers

Mark

More about : aerial cark

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 3:49:20 AM

"Mark" <mark1@danso1.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> What is the best type of aerial/antenna to fit with a CARK-91 ?
> And where is the best/cheapest place, in the UK, to buy one?

Without doubt, the *best* type is one drilled into the roof, preferably
dead centre, although things like sunroofs limit mounting positions; 6
inches or so from the rear window is a good place. The best made one I've
found in the UK is by Panorama.

Most people though don't want to drill holes, although if it's done by a
professional installer it can't be beaten. Choices are therefore a
glassmount or magnetic mount. The mag mount is ok for a temp installation
but not really much good for a permanent fixing. Glassmounts come in all
shapes and sizes, with the coverage in most areas you shouldn't need a
huge one unless you live in the middle of nowhere miles from a base
station, so I'd recommend the small 1/4 wave which is about 2 or 3 inches
long so is unobtrusive.

Make sure the glass on both sides is scrupulously clean, most aerials will
come with a small alcohol wipe to clean the glass, allow it to dry for a
few minutes before fixing the whip and connection box. If fitting to a
hatchback rear window, remember to allow enough free cable to allow the
hatch to fully open..!

If you're located within reasonable distance of Birmingham, I can give you
one or two places to try.

Hope this helps,

Ivor
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 9:21:20 PM

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message
>I'd recommend the small 1/4 wave which is about 2 or 3 inches
> long so is unobtrusive.

Sounds a bit like:
http://l8shop.net/Products/Dual-Band-Glass-Mount-Car-An...
I've used this aerial with my cark-91 and 126. I can't accurately measure
the db gain on it but it has a greater signal strength in the car kit than
when stood outside the car.

A bit off topic perhaps, but anyone know anyone who makes a good yagi for
GSM1800?

Adam
!