aerial for cark-91

What is the best type of aerial/antenna to fit with a CARK-91 ?
And where is the best/cheapest place, in the UK, to buy one?

Cheers

Mark
2 answers Last reply
More about aerial cark

    "Mark" <mark1@danso1.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > What is the best type of aerial/antenna to fit with a CARK-91 ?
    > And where is the best/cheapest place, in the UK, to buy one?

    Without doubt, the *best* type is one drilled into the roof, preferably
    dead centre, although things like sunroofs limit mounting positions; 6
    inches or so from the rear window is a good place. The best made one I've
    found in the UK is by Panorama.

    Most people though don't want to drill holes, although if it's done by a
    professional installer it can't be beaten. Choices are therefore a
    glassmount or magnetic mount. The mag mount is ok for a temp installation
    but not really much good for a permanent fixing. Glassmounts come in all
    shapes and sizes, with the coverage in most areas you shouldn't need a
    huge one unless you live in the middle of nowhere miles from a base
    station, so I'd recommend the small 1/4 wave which is about 2 or 3 inches
    long so is unobtrusive.

    Make sure the glass on both sides is scrupulously clean, most aerials will
    come with a small alcohol wipe to clean the glass, allow it to dry for a
    few minutes before fixing the whip and connection box. If fitting to a
    hatchback rear window, remember to allow enough free cable to allow the
    hatch to fully open..!

    If you're located within reasonable distance of Birmingham, I can give you
    one or two places to try.

    Hope this helps,

    Ivor

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message
    >I'd recommend the small 1/4 wave which is about 2 or 3 inches
    > long so is unobtrusive.

    Sounds a bit like:
    http://l8shop.net/Products/Dual-Band-Glass-Mount-Car-Antenna-1777.asp?a
    I've used this aerial with my cark-91 and 126. I can't accurately measure
    the db gain on it but it has a greater signal strength in the car kit than
    when stood outside the car.

    A bit off topic perhaps, but anyone know anyone who makes a good yagi for
    GSM1800?

    Adam

Nokia