Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which grapic card support 48 color

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 19, 2012 2:46:26 AM

I want to buy a graphic card that can capable of producing 48 bit color with full direct x 11 support and

and other thing i want to know is can Intel HD 2000 graphic can support 48 bit color

i all ready bought three other thing that is require to produce 48 bit color

(1) display capable of 48 bit color
(2) High speed HDMI cable
(3) windows 7

is their any thing i need ?
a c 164 U Graphics card
March 19, 2012 4:24:27 PM

You need a higher end card to get 48bit color. Quadro from nVidia or FireGL from ATI/AMD will do it, check the specs on the models though. But even the cheaper versions should have this.

m
0
l
March 22, 2012 1:14:31 AM

AS i am choosing card for playing some low level game and doing some HD Video
converting

I look ATI/AMD card 6000 series like Radeon HD 6770

in tech spec they mention that it's provide Depp color By HDMI port

But they didn't menion how many bit of deep color

as i know 24 bit consider True color
above it like 36 , 48 , 64 are all consider deep color

so do you have any idea of how many bit of color card like this can support ?
Thanks in advance helping me.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 164 U Graphics card
March 22, 2012 12:36:29 PM

I don't know, they only list the bit depth for the pro level cards, not the regular ones. You can try to contact the company.
m
0
l
March 23, 2012 2:20:02 AM

anyone who is currently using this card please help me .

Please tell me if AMD Radeon HD 6670 card support 48 Bit color ?

any buddy using this card with more then 32 bit color please replay with your configuration

m
0
l
April 3, 2012 5:50:29 AM

Today i bought AMD Radeon HD 6670 after installing it i came to know that it doesn't
support 48 bit color it's only show's 32 bit color

is their any card in AMD Radeon series that support 48 bit color ? if you know or using it please post here
m
0
l
April 3, 2012 7:29:32 AM

yes it's support deep color but they did not mention color deep in bit

so they support only 32 bit color which is available on any cheep graphic card on market but i want 36 bit or 48 bit color (281.5 trillion colors) that can change my viewing experience

since last many year we are using 24 bit or 32 bit now it make me feel like classic system so a 48 bit color with HDMI and a monitor that can support it sure change our way of computing
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
April 3, 2012 2:30:43 PM

I will tell you now, if you think you can tell the difference between 48 bit and 32 bit color, you need to donate your eyes to science. Unless you are doing this for high-end pro work, you don't need to worry about anything over 32 bit color.

I figured you were setting up a pro graphics shop or setup, not just to try to get nicer colors.

Get a good S-IPS based monitor like a Dell UltraSharp and any recent video card. From tests done before, AMD (ATI) cards tend to have better image quality, and are faster overall in the model range.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2012 4:57:54 AM

arpit2141 said:
I all ready bought a HDTV from LG it's LV3000 26 inch .

It's sepcificition says that it's able to display deep color

http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/led-lcd-tv/LG-26LV3...


TV's don't look good as computer monitors. I really don't think you'll be able to tell.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2012 5:20:23 AM

Hi,

I have used gpu's both for gaming and for photo editing, and I think i may be able to help. Most if not all gaming cards are 8bit color cards, they are excellent for gaming, but they do not provide 10bit color for things like photoshop or CAD. Gaming cards like the AMD HD6000's or HD7000's do not support 10 bit color. If you want 10 bit color you need to get a special workstation card, like an nvidia Quadro, or Amd Firepro. I myself currently have a Quadro 600 and it supports 10 bit color. I tried some gaming on the card, and it works too, i can play Crysis on medium-low settings, with decent frame rates. Quadro cards are based on nvidia's gaming cards except they are optimized for workstations, and they have different drivers, etc. So if you want 48bit as you call it, you will need to go for either a Quadro or a Firepro GPU. What is your budget for one, I can help you chose, I just need to know the budget, and what you need it for. Also yes, these cards are directX 11.

Also note:
1. You need a 10bit monitor with display port (other connections dont have 10bit color, unless you have HDMI with deep color)
2. You need a 10 bit capable GPU, like a quadro

*Note professional displays ie. for photo editing use 10 bit (48 bit color), regular use 8, so i think this is what you mean by 48bit.

Hope this helps!
m
0
l
April 5, 2012 12:31:49 PM

fil1p said:
Hi,

I have used gpu's both for gaming and for photo editing, and I think i may be able to help. Most if not all gaming cards are 8bit color cards, they are excellent for gaming, but they do not provide 10bit color for things like photoshop or CAD. Gaming cards like the AMD HD6000's or HD7000's do not support 10 bit color. If you want 10 bit color you need to get a special workstation card, like an nvidia Quadro, or Amd Firepro. I myself currently have a Quadro 600 and it supports 10 bit color. I tried some gaming on the card, and it works too, i can play Crysis on medium-low settings, with decent frame rates. Quadro cards are based on nvidia's gaming cards except they are optimized for workstations, and they have different drivers, etc. So if you want 48bit as you call it, you will need to go for either a Quadro or a Firepro GPU. What is your budget for one, I can help you chose, I just need to know the budget, and what you need it for. Also yes, these cards are directX 11.

Also note:
1. You need a 10bit monitor with display port (other connections dont have 10bit color, unless you have HDMI with deep color)
2. You need a 10 bit capable GPU, like a quadro

*Note professional displays ie. for photo editing use 10 bit (48 bit color), regular use 8, so i think this is what you mean by 48bit.

Hope this helps!



I agree with your answer that i need to by professional card for 10 bit color but why AMD or Nvidia always specify "Deep Color" at Tech specification of their card

what is reason of this ?

if their card can't support "Deep Color" then they will not write that ?



m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
April 5, 2012 2:12:06 PM

You got a 26" TV for this, not even a 1080p one? You're wasting your time looking for a high-end card to run this. While that screen will have decent colors you will not want to use it as a monitor, at 26" the low resolution of the screen will make things look pretty fuzzy and blur sharp lines a lot. That is only a 1366 x 768, a true monitor will have 30% more resolution even at a 20" size or so.

Just get a regular home $40 card like a 4000 series from AMD unless you want a gaming card, then you can move up. But for what you want to do (meaning just get pretty colors), with the monitor you have, you don't need anything special.

It's like someone looking for racing fuel to power their VW Bug because they heard it was better.

I have a $600 22" monitor at home, running a standard gaming video card, the colors are as good as you would ever want. You are looking for a high-end card for a TV with probably 1/2 the color accuracy and 1/3rd the resolution. What you would want to do is get a good S-IPS monitor, will make a much better improvement than a TV with a good video card.

Like I said, when you started this it seemed like you were setting up a high-end print or image editing shop not just looking for something for basic use. Unless you are going to be doing pro level production work, keep with the regular video cards. Although a cheaper Quadro or FireGL is not much more than a regular card, can pick one up for around $100. If you don't care about the extra cost and the fact that you will see 0 difference with your monitor, feel free to get one.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2012 5:09:52 PM

Deep color using HDMI, required HDMI 1.4 (and it is optional, meaning they do not have to include it), and it will provide deep color, but you will not see that color unless your monitor supports it. The Quadro cards support even better color using Display port. The graphic card itself has to support 10bit color, and not all GPU's do. Only the Quadro's, and Firepro cards support 10 bit color, with the exception of a few gaming cards which do. The HD6670 says it can do deep color, but if you want real 10bit color guaranteed you should look at the Quadro's, like the Quadro 600, it has 10bit color.

To summarize, if you want 10bit color, avoid the headache and go with a Quadro, they CLEARLY state that they support 10bit color.
m
0
l
April 8, 2012 4:39:05 PM

hang-the-9 said:
You got a 26" TV for this, not even a 1080p one? You're wasting your time looking for a high-end card to run this. While that screen will have decent colors you will not want to use it as a monitor, at 26" the low resolution of the screen will make things look pretty fuzzy and blur sharp lines a lot. That is only a 1366 x 768, a true monitor will have 30% more resolution even at a 20" size or so.

Just get a regular home $40 card like a 4000 series from AMD unless you want a gaming card, then you can move up. But for what you want to do (meaning just get pretty colors), with the monitor you have, you don't need anything special.

It's like someone looking for racing fuel to power their VW Bug because they heard it was better.

I have a $600 22" monitor at home, running a standard gaming video card, the colors are as good as you would ever want. You are looking for a high-end card for a TV with probably 1/2 the color accuracy and 1/3rd the resolution. What you would want to do is get a good S-IPS monitor, will make a much better improvement than a TV with a good video card.

Like I said, when you started this it seemed like you were setting up a high-end print or image editing shop not just looking for something for basic use. Unless you are going to be doing pro level production work, keep with the regular video cards. Although a cheaper Quadro or FireGL is not much more than a regular card, can pick one up for around $100. If you don't care about the extra cost and the fact that you will see 0 difference with your monitor, feel free to get one.



I agree with your advise that this TV has very low Resolution . I am also thinking sifting this TV to my other room for my family for TV viewing .

can you please suggest me any true monitor that has

(1) inbuilt Speaker
(2) HDMI or Display port connectivity
(3) size of 26 or 27 inch
(4) and ability to display better color and high resolution
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
April 9, 2012 4:20:50 PM

arpit2141 said:
I agree with your advise that this TV has very low Resolution . I am also thinking sifting this TV to my other room for my family for TV viewing .

can you please suggest me any true monitor that has

(1) inbuilt Speaker
(2) HDMI or Display port connectivity
(3) size of 26 or 27 inch
(4) and ability to display better color and high resolution


For a good 27" monitor with good colors, you are probably looking at about $500.

Take a look at this list

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

The Dell monitors have always gotten good marks for their quality, but really any IPS monitor would give you a good display. Just check some reviews of whatever you want to look at.
m
0
l
April 19, 2012 12:33:47 PM

I Iook at Asus PA246Q it has many thing that i want but it is not available in more than 24 inch is their any slimier monitor expect dell because it's much more expensive than i can effort

i can't waste $1000 on monitor
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 2:39:08 PM

Take a look at this model YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 SE 27"

There is lots of long threads about it, seems like a good one. Just make sure your video card will support the resolution it runs at. And the fact that is only had DVI and VGA ports.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1623...
m
0
l
April 19, 2012 5:15:14 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Take a look at this model YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 SE 27"

There is lots of long threads about it, seems like a good one. Just make sure your video card will support the resolution it runs at. And the fact that is only had DVI and VGA ports.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1623...



first thanks for your replay . second think that i want to say is that i love HDMI port because it's provide one cable soultion for both audio and video so it's my requirement that monitor has HDMI port plus speaker inbuilt . i don't want install external speaker setup.
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 5:20:33 PM

Almost every monitor with speakers has bad speakers. You want the best video but are OK with crappy sound?

Try this in a web search "ips monitor with speakers"
m
0
l
!