Driver Problems

Well I had just re-installed windows on my computer, and i used the disc that came with my graphics card when i bought it, and it worked fine. now, i went to play Dirt 3 and the graphics were messed up, like the sun was pink and stuff. I read that it was a driver problem so i went to the amd website and i typed in the correct OS, Graphics card and everything. When it was installing i got the blue screen. so i had to reboot and when i did i tried to reinstall the new driver again, and this time it went through the install just fine but catalyst wont open, i keep getting a "stopped working" message, and i also get a pop up that says there is no driver installed on my computer, and i still have the border around my screen that i have when i don't install any drivers, so any help?
18 answers Last reply
More about driver problems
  1. go to device manger, right click on the graphics, probably has a yellow question mark (?) and "update driver"
  2. Anonymous said:
    go to device manger, right click on the graphics, probably has a yellow question mark (?) and "update driver"

It just says my drivers are up to date, although it does have a yellow error thing next to it. I just manually uninstalled the old driver and reinstalled the new, and still same problem
  3. si am thinking something is still currupt from your installtion of the driver.
    go get driver sweeper:
    http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
    boot into safe mode, pressing F8 after post before windows, run the sweeper to remove any "finger prints" of the driver. reboot into safe mode and install the driver again.
  4. Anonymous said:
    si am thinking something is still currupt from your installtion of the driver.
    go get driver sweeper:
    http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
    boot into safe mode, pressing F8 after post before windows, run the sweeper to remove any "finger prints" of the driver. reboot into safe mode and install the driver again.

Did it, but now im getting a "not digitally signed" error during install..Not sure if its causing it not to work now, but when the install is over nothing changes.
  5. joshernater9 said:
    Did it, but now im getting a "not digitally signed" error during install..Not sure if its causing it not to work now, but when the install is over nothing changes.

uninstall again with the sweeper. do the device manger right click and see if windows itself picks a driver it can live with.
  6. Anonymous said:
    uninstall again with the sweeper. do the device manger right click and see if windows itself picks a driver it can live with.

Still says my drivers are the most recent, and no matter what i try to get around it i always get the "requires digitally signed" error..
  7. may i ask how you are uninstalling the driver?
    because i am confused that if you uninstalled it; i am surprised you get told its the most recent. it ought not be there . . .
  8. Anonymous said:
    may i ask how you are uninstalling the driver?
    because i am confused that if you uninstalled it; i am surprised you get told its the most recent. it ought not be there . . .

I uninstall it through the control panel, then i use the driver sweeper to remove any left overs
  9. joshernater9 said:
    I uninstall it through the control panel, then i use the driver sweeper to remove any left overs

ok, thats perfect. and when you right click in the device manager, it tells you the most recent one is already used?
  10. Anonymous said:
    ok, thats perfect. and when you right click in the device manager, it tells you the most recent one is already used?

Correct. And when i go to install the new downloaded one via the installer, i get a bunch of the "Requires digitally signed" errors.
  11. joshernater9 said:
    Correct. And when i go to install the new downloaded one via the installer, i get a bunch of the "Requires digitally signed" errors.

wow, that is so wrong.
    ?
    sorry man i am totally stumped and too old to be pulling out what hair i do have left.

i do not want to tell you to re-instal windows, hopefully some one else will swing by and can figure out what is flonky w/o having to do that.
  12. You get that message because after removing the drivers you are making use of the native windows drivers. These are the most recent native windows drivers but not the latest drivers available from the manufacturer. You may have to reinstall (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851) net framework 4. If you use the latest AMD ver. 12.2 they are certified.
  13. Dogsnake said:
    You get that message because after removing the drivers you are making use of the native windows drivers. These are the most recent native windows drivers but not the latest drivers available from the manufacturer. You may have to reinstall (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851) net framework 4. If you use the latest AMD ver. 12.2 they are certified.

Tell that to my computer..No matter what i try it still says it..Any way around it?
  14. Try uninstalling the drivers using the catalyst install package not driver sweeper. Remove the card and re seat it. Then restart. Windows should detect it as new hardware and go on to use the native windows drivers. See if it works. If it does download the correct Amd driver package. Please post your system specs. It is hard to give you links without knowing what you have. Reinstall you chip set drivers also. You should get the option to instal drivers even if they are not certified. Windows only gives a warning. Have you run win update over and over until there are no more recommended or critical updates? I would also guess the black border is a scaling issue and can be resolved in Cat. Cntrl. Center. once things are working. Did you updat .net framework? If not do so.
  15. sorry, my specs are:

Windows 7 64 bit
    Radeon HD 5770
    Phenom II X4 955

I just tried all that. and it detected the card and installed something, but it still showed a error message next to it in the device manager, and when i installed the AMD update, it installed flawlessly, but when i start up CCC it says no AMD drivers installed on this computer and it won't start up, and plus it didn't remove the black border around my screen like it usually does when installing CCC, and my screen didn't even flicker..
  16. Did you update net framework. It is required for ccc to run and using driver sweeper will sometimes cause the need to reinstall it. Sweeper is so thorough that it will remove a dll link to net.
  17. I finally decided to just re-install windows...Everything is working now, thanks though!
  18. Yup, when using tools like Sweeper you need to watch what is deleted.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics