Doom 3 - stuck in Hell 3

I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying overhead.
I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue to fire at
the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too fast. Does
anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
18 answers Last reply
More about doom stuck hell

    "ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
    >overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
    >to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
    >fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!

    I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
    creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't think
    this was too hard that way.

    ChitaShines wrote:
    > I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying overhead.
    > I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue to fire at
    > the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too fast. Does
    > anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!

    Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:

    When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
    away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
    you can get a good head start.

    "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
    > ChitaShines wrote:
    >> I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
    >> overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
    >> to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
    >> fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
    >
    > Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:
    >
    > When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
    > away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
    > you can get a good head start.

    FYI...I did find a cheat and it worked!

    ChitaShines wrote:
    > "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>ChitaShines wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
    >>>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
    >>>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
    >>>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
    >>
    >>Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:
    >>
    >>When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
    >>away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
    >>you can get a good head start.
    >

    > FYI...I did find a cheat and it worked!

    Yeah, but you're not going to prepared when you actually go to Hell.

    In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
    says...

    >"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
    >>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
    >>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
    >>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
    >
    >I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
    >creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't think
    >this was too hard that way.

    Did you play on the Xbox or pc?

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
    > says...
    >>
    >>"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
    >>>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
    >>>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
    >>>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
    >>
    >>I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
    >>creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't
    >>think
    >>this was too hard that way.
    >>

    > Did you play on the Xbox or pc?

    Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    from it.

    >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    >from it.

    But you're jobless. :p

    Jonah Falcon

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    >>from it.
    >
    > But you're jobless. :p

    My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do practice a
    profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
    though. It's probably the second oldest profession.

    In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>>"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
    >>>creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't
    >>>think
    >>>this was too hard that way.
    >>>

    >> Did you play on the Xbox or pc?
    >
    >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    >from it.

    I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
    bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they call
    it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics stacked
    up to the pc version.

    I've heard that you can rush the big creature with the chainsaw and
    kill him.

    JoblessDave wrote:
    > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    > >>from it.
    > >
    > > But you're jobless. :p
    >
    > My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do practice a
    > profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
    > though. It's probably the second oldest profession.

    You're a pimp?

    <bill_hillys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > JoblessDave wrote:
    >> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > But you're jobless. :p
    >>
    >> My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do
    >> practice a
    >> profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
    >> though. It's probably the second oldest profession.
    >
    > You're a pimp?

    I wish! <g>

    > In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...
    > >
    > >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >> In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
    > >> says...

    > >> Did you play on the Xbox or pc?
    > >
    > >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    > >from it.
    > >

    > I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
    > bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
    call
    > it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
    stacked
    > up to the pc version.

    I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run on
    my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running it
    in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount of
    jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
    bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any better.

    Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable hidef
    output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
    dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced to

    Wurm

    "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:ddfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca...
    > I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run
    > on
    > my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running
    > it
    > in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount
    > of
    > jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
    > bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any
    > better.

    I've got an aging 52" Sony CRT television (not HD) and it looks and plays
    very well.

    > Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable
    > hidef
    > output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
    > dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced

    Have you checked the hardware FAQ:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/915780.html

    JoblessDave wrote:
    > <bill_hillys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>JoblessDave wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

    >>>My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do
    >>>practice a
    >>>profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
    >>>though. It's probably the second oldest profession.
    >>
    >>You're a pimp?
    >

    > I wish! <g>

    Constantly having your hands stained with drain cleaner is no fun.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Force

    In article <ddfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca>, a@b.c says...

    >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...
    >> >
    >> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

    >continue
    >too

    >> >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
    >> >from it.
    >> >

    >> I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
    >> bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
    >call
    >> it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
    >stacked
    >> up to the pc version.
    >>

    >I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run on
    >my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running it
    >in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount of
    >jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
    >bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any better.
    >
    >Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable hidef
    >output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
    >dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced to
    >
    >Wurm

    I think you have to go back to the dash. You can only switch the dashboard
    between progressive and interlace using that both triggers and both
    thumbsticks trick. They must have cleaned up the demo level because it looked
    really nice on my big screen in progressive scan. No tearing that I could see.

    > In article <ddfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca>, a@b.c says...
    > >

    > >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > >> In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
    says...

    JoblessDave@notlisted.us

    > >continue
    > >too

    > >> I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
    > >> bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
    > >call
    > >> it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
    > >stacked
    > >> up to the pc version.
    > >>

    > >I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run
    on
    > >my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running
    it
    > >in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount
    of
    > >jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your
    eyes
    > >bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any
    better.

    > >Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable
    hidef
    > >output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
    > >dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced
    > >
    > >Wurm
    > >

    > I think you have to go back to the dash. You can only switch the dashboard
    > between progressive and interlace using that both triggers and both
    > thumbsticks trick. They must have cleaned up the demo level because it
    looked
    > really nice on my big screen in progressive scan. No tearing that I could
    see.

    I may try the demo again tonite, see how it looks in hidef cause I really
    remember being happy with those graphics.

    c'mon xbox 360!!!, make my TV purchase worthwhile!!!

    hehehehe

    JoblessDave schrieb:
    > It's probably the second oldest profession.

    You brew beer, Dave? ;)

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games