Doom 3 - stuck in Hell 3

Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2005 6:43:08 PM

I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying overhead.
I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue to fire at
the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too fast. Does
anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!

More about : doom stuck hell

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:43:09 PM

"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!

I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't think
this was too hard that way.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:37:36 PM

ChitaShines wrote:
> I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying overhead.
> I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue to fire at
> the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too fast. Does
> anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:

When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
you can get a good head start.
August 10, 2005 10:01:29 PM

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> ChitaShines wrote:
>> I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
>> overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
>> to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
>> fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
>
> Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:
>
> When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
> away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
> you can get a good head start.

FYI...I did find a cheat and it worked!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:05:55 PM

ChitaShines wrote:
> "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
>
>>ChitaShines wrote:
>>
>>>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
>>>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
>>>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
>>>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
>>
>>Sorry, I don't know any cheats. One tip though:
>>
>>When you first begin the face-off, the guardians aren't there so fire
>>away. You really only need 3-4 barrages at it when it's vulnerable, so
>>you can get a good head start.
>

> FYI...I did find a cheat and it worked!

Yeah, but you're not going to prepared when you actually go to Hell.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:27:34 PM

In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
says...

>"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
>>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
>>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
>>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
>
>I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
>creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't think
>this was too hard that way.

Did you play on the Xbox or pc?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:27:35 PM

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
> says...
>>
>>"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I am facing that enormous creature that has the 2 guardians flying
>>>overhead. I just can't seem to be able to kill the guardians and continue
>>>to fire at the blue orb above the creature's head. This creature is too
>>>fast. Does anyone know a cheat to get around this? Thanks!
>>
>>I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
>>creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't
>>think
>>this was too hard that way.
>>

> Did you play on the Xbox or pc?

Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
from it.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:11:42 AM

>Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
>from it.

But you're jobless. :p

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:20:06 AM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
>>from it.
>
> But you're jobless. :p

My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do practice a
profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
though. It's probably the second oldest profession.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:36:29 AM

In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
>> says...
>>>
>>>"ChitaShines" <chitashines@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I started by running away so I could get some distance from the big
>>>creature. That gave me some time to sort out the guardians. I don't
>>>think
>>>this was too hard that way.
>>>

>> Did you play on the Xbox or pc?
>
>Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
>from it.

I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they call
it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics stacked
up to the pc version.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:53:01 AM

I've heard that you can rush the big creature with the chainsaw and
kill him.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:32:30 PM

JoblessDave wrote:
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
> >>from it.
> >
> > But you're jobless. :p
>
> My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do practice a
> profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
> though. It's probably the second oldest profession.

You're a pimp?
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:51:25 PM

<bill_hillys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> JoblessDave wrote:
>> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > But you're jobless. :p
>>
>> My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do
>> practice a
>> profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
>> though. It's probably the second oldest profession.
>
> You're a pimp?

I wish! <g>
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:53:02 PM

> In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...
> >
> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> In article <ivpKe.29742$HV1.19296@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
> >> says...

> >> Did you play on the Xbox or pc?
> >
> >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
> >from it.
> >

> I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
> bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
call
> it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
stacked
> up to the pc version.

I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run on
my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running it
in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount of
jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any better.

Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable hidef
output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced to

Wurm
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:53:03 PM

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:D dfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca...
> I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run
> on
> my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running
> it
> in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount
> of
> jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
> bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any
> better.

I've got an aging 52" Sony CRT television (not HD) and it looks and plays
very well.

> Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable
> hidef
> output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
> dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced

Have you checked the hardware FAQ:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/915780.html
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:21:23 PM

JoblessDave wrote:
> <bill_hillys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>JoblessDave wrote:
>>
>>>"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>>>My gamertag is more wishful thinking than perfect accuracy. I do
>>>practice a
>>>profession almost daily. And, no Fred, it's not prostitution. Close,
>>>though. It's probably the second oldest profession.
>>
>>You're a pimp?
>

> I wish! <g>

Constantly having your hands stained with drain cleaner is no fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_Force
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:46:48 PM

In article <ddfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca>, a@b.c says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us says...
>> >
>> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message

>continue
>too

>> >Xbox. My PC makes me think of work (*shudders*), so I tend to stay away
>> >from it.
>> >

>> I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
>> bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
>call
>> it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
>stacked
>> up to the pc version.
>>

>I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run on
>my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running it
>in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount of
>jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your eyes
>bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any better.
>
>Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable hidef
>output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
>dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced to
>
>Wurm

I think you have to go back to the dash. You can only switch the dashboard
between progressive and interlace using that both triggers and both
thumbsticks trick. They must have cleaned up the demo level because it looked
really nice on my big screen in progressive scan. No tearing that I could see.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:46:49 PM

> In article <ddfooe$h7b$1@dns3.cae.ca>, a@b.c says...
> >

> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> In article <odtKe.15$uO2.12@fed1read07>, JoblessDave@notlisted.us
says...

JoblessDave@notlisted.us

> >continue
> >too

> >> I'm playing on the pc. Just started/got to hell after killing those two
> >> bastards that came through the blackhole or hell gate or whatever they
> >call
> >> it. I tried the Xbox demo and was surprised at how well the graphics
> >stacked
> >> up to the pc version.
> >>

> >I just started playing this recently on my box, could never get it to run
on
> >my aging PC, and I gotta say that the graphics are very bleh. I'm running
it
> >in hi-def and like GTA:SA (which IMO is unplayable on hi-def) the amount
of
> >jaggies and texture tearing all over the place is enough to make your
eyes
> >bleed. Gonna try it tonite in regular def to see if it makes it any
better.

> >Which brings me to a question, is there a quick way to enable/disable
hidef
> >output while playing a game? (kinda like the 480p/480i switching on the
> >dashboard by holding L/R and clicking the thumbsticks) or are you forced
> >
> >Wurm
> >

> I think you have to go back to the dash. You can only switch the dashboard
> between progressive and interlace using that both triggers and both
> thumbsticks trick. They must have cleaned up the demo level because it
looked
> really nice on my big screen in progressive scan. No tearing that I could
see.

I may try the demo again tonite, see how it looks in hidef cause I really
remember being happy with those graphics.

c'mon xbox 360!!!, make my TV purchase worthwhile!!!

hehehehe
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:55:07 AM

JoblessDave schrieb:
> It's probably the second oldest profession.

You brew beer, Dave? ;)
!