Boot screen - stop logo from stretching to fill screen

January 1, 2005 8:34:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

By default, the windows logo and progress bar stretch to fill the screen at
boot-up. IBM laptops dont do this and the effect is much less blocky and
altogether better looking, esp when using large or wide monitors. How can I
stop the booter from stretching the logo and progress bar?

All help appreciated
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:34:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Check your BIOS. If this is a laptop, you probably have a setting that
enables the boot screen to be expanded. Don't change any other settings in
the BIOS unless you know what you are doing.
Good luck.

"sekundus@stonygate.org" wrote:

> By default, the windows logo and progress bar stretch to fill the screen at
> boot-up. IBM laptops dont do this and the effect is much less blocky and
> altogether better looking, esp when using large or wide monitors. How can I
> stop the booter from stretching the logo and progress bar?
>
> All help appreciated

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 5:43:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for this, I will have a look, - it is my desktop machine where this
is most irritating...
January 1, 2005 10:25:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Has absolutely nothing to do with the "booter". Dependent on the monitor
settings for resolution/refresh rate (640 x 480?? @ 60Hz ??) at that point
in boot sequence.

--
Ross
<sekundus@stonygate.org> wrote in message
> By default, the windows logo and progress bar stretch to fill the screen
> at
> boot-up. IBM laptops dont do this and the effect is much less blocky and
> altogether better looking, esp when using large or wide monitors. How can
> stop the booter from stretching the logo and progress bar?
>
> All help appreciated
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 10:25:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for this. Is there a setting which allows me to turn stretching off?
!