Sign in with
Your question

HIS HD 6750 overclock fan limit?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2012 7:13:04 AM

I'm trying to overclock my new DDR3 model, and I cant change the fan speed in any way. Its simply just doesnt show up in Catalyst Control Center, its greyed out on MSI Afterburner, Ati Tray tools etc. I emailed HIS support about this and they told me the Fan speed is fixed and cant be changed. I bought this card so I can overclock and save a few bucks but I cant do much with a fixed clock. Is there any way around this? Any way to increase fan speed?
March 19, 2012 4:12:24 PM

It sounds like you can't adjust it. When you say speed is fixed do you mean that it never runs faster (at load) or just that you can't adjust the fan profile?

Either way you should go forward with OC'ing until you are either unstable or until temps get too high for the cooling. I suspect that the stability issue will kick in before temps (based on a real quick google search). Let us know how it goes.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
March 19, 2012 4:39:25 PM

It will depend on how badly you want to overclock. The thing to do is add another fan to you case either in the side panel so it's blowing directly on to the video card or at the end of the card near the hdd rack so that the fan is blowing at the end of the card towards the rear of the case. A 120mm fan should do it or you can use whatever fits. You would be surprised what a fan added in those spots will do , the fan doesn't have to be on the card itself to be of some benefit.
m
l
Related resources
March 19, 2012 11:51:42 PM

beltzy said:
It sounds like you can't adjust it. When you say speed is fixed do you mean that it never runs faster (at load) or just that you can't adjust the fan profile?

Either way you should go forward with OC'ing until you are either unstable or until temps get too high for the cooling. I suspect that the stability issue will kick in before temps (based on a real quick google search). Let us know how it goes.

Under Ati tools tray it shows the fan speed at 36%. I cant OC much without changing the fan speed.

inzone said:
It will depend on how badly you want to overclock. The thing to do is add another fan to you case either in the side panel so it's blowing directly on to the video card or at the end of the card near the hdd rack so that the fan is blowing at the end of the card towards the rear of the case. A 120mm fan should do it or you can use whatever fits. You would be surprised what a fan added in those spots will do , the fan doesn't have to be on the card itself to be of some benefit.

I don't really see why I should buy an additional fan when there's one already on it. I just cant change it for some reason.

Additionally whenever I open up Catalyst Control Center, I can see the fan setting under AMD Overdrive for a split second than it just disappears. It makes me think there is something restricting it.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
March 20, 2012 1:19:51 AM

Have you tried uninstalling everything and then reinstalling it all just to see if there was a glitch in the original install.
I only siggested getting another fan to help out with the heat when overclocking if you can't get the speed control to work.
m
l
March 20, 2012 2:01:46 AM

inzone said:
Have you tried uninstalling everything and then reinstalling it all just to see if there was a glitch in the original install.
I only siggested getting another fan to help out with the heat when overclocking if you can't get the speed control to work.

Yes i have. I've even tried installing previous versions. No luck.
m
l
!