Will this psu handle a gtx 560 ti

hyder13

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
i got this psu

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001818

now the problem is its 6 pin and 8 pin connector is powered from same slot and i cannot use a 4 pin to 6 pin converter because

all the molex connectors are also powered from a single point of the psu . now i am thinkinking is this psu can be used or not

because a gtx 560 ti needs two 6 pin (although the power requirement is within its range and tt is the only best brand available here and this psu is within my budget)

so any help would be appreciated and if it can't be used then i think i have to sell it. :pfff: all because of my stupidity cause i only

looked for power rating not the cables and the psu itself :pfff: :pfff:

pic of cables supplied

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
That's a bummer, why would they give you two PCIEs and then 1 slot to connect them?! Look carefully in your manual and see if it allows you to plug the other PCIE in to one of the grey slots. My 560Ti came with some adapters for different power supply connections, did yours? And if so, are you sure none of them can work? I'd try and return it to your seller and chalk it up to a lesson learned. With a PSU you need to consider 1) amps at the 12v 2) watts 3) connections.

hyder13

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

i still haven't bought the 560ti (not sure about the psu :??: )

the psu has adequate amps and watts.

i posted the link for psu and its cables,have you seen them?

the problem is both the 8 pin and (6+2) pin pci-e is on same source cable and all the 4 pin molex is also on 1 single source

cable(which canecls out the chance of connecting a 4 pin to 6 pin pci-e adapter you mentioned about :( )

so help is urgently needed and in my place lots of thing is not possible like getting the full 3 yrs warranty and refund :fou: :fou:

and another thing is there any 8 pin to 6 pin pci-e converter? :sarcastic:

drawing of cables provided

March202012