New pc build can't change BIOs settings

JudgeWest

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I just got my PC built and I able to boot and does the beep to show that it is running. The problem is it just keeps doing the POST and I can't get to the BIOs settings. I put a windows 7 OS disk in the disk drive during the small period I have to put in and it doesn't do anything. It says it reads a keyboard and mouse in the usb ports but that doesn't help when I press delete during the time it allows me to. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Solution
G
ok. glad you got somewhere but don't know why a header works but not a port on the back.

hope you get everything completely resolved; maybe talk to asus . .

JudgeWest

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Yes I have a keyboard connected along with a mouse in the usb port and the screen that does pop up says they are connected or sensed anyway.

G

and i am going to guess you tried switching usb ports.
do you have the ability to find an old PS2 keyboard?

either your usb ports are flonky, your bios isn't reading them or the DEL key is whacked.

btw, i think if you press the F8 key it will show the boot menu where you can get in the bios that way. . .

G

ok. glad you got somewhere but don't know why a header works but not a port on the back.

hope you get everything completely resolved; maybe talk to asus . .

Solution