Migrant Train Stopped By France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/04/18/italy.france.tunisia.migrants/index.html?hpt=C1

What would you do if you were running a European government? As it stands, any EU country can issue a temporary resident permit that allows migrants like these to enter any EU country without a passport. In my view, this is one of the fundamental problems of the EU: many of the countries are so vastly different when it comes to perspective on such issues that issues like this can occur.

I say fly em or ship em over here- no one cares (at least I don't). More tax dollars. ;)

The issue for the French is that many of these people are likely to want to stay illegally there.

They just booted out a heap of eastern european people with no fixed address who were littering the countryside.

If I had a choice where to live in europe I'd probably gravitate there too.

I am siding with the French in this issue ...sorry !

Ye have no hope! Give em' "x" amount of time to get their affairs in order, get a job, etc.. and it works out. If it doesn't, give em' the boot. I know the French have concerns and I do not blame them, but if you give a fair amount of them a chance, they may do rather well. Plus it beats being in North Africa/some Middle East countries right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.