[SOLVED] Dual Booting Windows 7 and Snow Leopard help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abourne15

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Hi to all,

I want to dual boot my laptop just like the title says.

Now, from all the research that i've done, it is a lot easier if snow leopard was installed first, then windows 7.

However, here's the problem.

Windows 7 is already installed first and i cant seem to install snow leopard.

I am able to boot into the snow leopard disk and use disk utilites. and all but i cant seem to install snow leopard.. =(.

like what i did was.
1. made a partition in windows 7 (unallocated space)
2. boot snow leopard dvd
3. formated the unallocated partition
4. ... ....................................... cant install it lol.

like if i were to install it i would have to format the whole drive!... as in wipe my whole hard drive! but i dont want to do this.

so can anyone throw me some ideas as in how i can do this? or if anyone have been in this same situation before??

pls pls pls.. help i want to run in snow leopard. =D

many thanks appreciated in adv.

Solution
just make your all of your components are compatible with the injections (kexts) that are made with the snow leopard versions that are out there.

once that's done... remember you need guid partition. and then. you just use boot camp to instal win 7

abourne15

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
yes i am trying to do this on a pc.

but GUID partition would only be accessible through mac? right? so if my drive isnt partitioned using the GUID partition table i cant dual boot it.? with windows 7 installed first.. ??

daship

Distinguished
Your in over your head and your in the wrong forum. You cant just install Snow Leopard because you want to. You need to have very specific components, and most methods are not for dual booting partitions, most dual boots with snow on it are with 2 hard drives.

I have built about 20 of these setups, and you are going to need to go to the right forum and read a ton more before you go any further.

abourne15

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

well PARDON ME!!

but i figured it out :p

abourne15

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
just make your all of your components are compatible with the injections (kexts) that are made with the snow leopard versions that are out there.

once that's done... remember you need guid partition. and then. you just use boot camp to instal win 7

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.