BFV HELP REQ: Anyone play the WW2 mod for BFV?? Sorry wron..

Last response: in Video Games
January 24, 2005 1:47:15 AM

Sorry for misposting but there's no NG for BFV...anyway....I've updated,
patched etc and am up to date but when I try to play the WW2 mod, I get the
load screen (usual info about the battle to come) and then it dumps back to
the multiplayer screen with an error message "corrupt data". Click ok and
the game crashes back to desktop. I've installed and uninstalled the mod
file 3 times as well as DL'ing the file from another server (just in case it
was corrupt to begin with). Still the same error message and subsequent
crash.

Any help very much appreciated
Dan H
remove NO SPAM from reply address
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 10:54:36 PM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:47:15 -0500, schmano <NOschmanoSPAM@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry for misposting but there's no NG for BFV...anyway....I've updated,
> patched etc and am up to date but when I try to play the WW2 mod, I get
> the
> load screen (usual info about the battle to come) and then it dumps back
> the multiplayer screen with an error message "corrupt data". Click ok and
> the game crashes back to desktop. I've installed and uninstalled the mod
> file 3 times as well as DL'ing the file from another server (just in
> case it
> was corrupt to begin with). Still the same error message and subsequent
> crash.
>
> Any help very much appreciated
> Dan H
> remove NO SPAM from reply address

You are not misposting this NG is for all BF games and all mods.

I think your problem is that you must run the 1.20 and 1.21 patches after
you install the ww2 mod. The 1.20 patch upgrades the ww2 mod as well as
BFV. It has been discused in detail before. Check Google groups for a more
detailed explanation.

Good luck.

--
Flashhart