Sign in with
Your question

New PC Build with Intel i7-3770k

Last response: in Systems
May 20, 2012 4:35:23 PM

Hi All,

Need advice on the below configuration. I am from India so we don't get much to chose. so i would like to get the best of what is available to me.

I am planning to build a new CPU with below specification. it is my dream to have a i7 K series processor, so i am going for below processor.

Processor : Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Ram : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)
PSU : Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2UK 850 Watts
CPU Cooler : Corsair CWCH80 Cooler (or) Corsair H100 Cooler (in my place Temperature at summer peaks to 46 degree Celsius)
Cabinet : Corsair 500R Mid Tower Cabinet
Graphics Card : ......mostly Nvidia GTX 570 (maybe after sometime i may go for SLI). I am waiting for the price to come down.

Site : http://www.flipkart.com/
or any other indian site.

Purpose of the build:
Its been 6 year since i upgraded my processor. Yes, i currently have Pentium 4 3.06 GHz processor in my CPU. Hence i am building a new CPU.

Expectation:
Most likely i might not upgrade the CPU for next 4-5 years. So i would expect the new Processor to chew anything i throw at it till then.

PC usage :
Gaming (All latest games), Video editing and some general software’s.

I thank you all in advance.

Thank you,
Vijay.

More about : build intel 3770k

May 20, 2012 4:52:04 PM

rvijay1984 said:
Hi All,

Need advice on the below configuration. I am from India so we don't get much to chose. so i would like to get the best of what is available to me.

I am planning to build a new CPU with below specification. it is my dream to have a i7 K series processor, so i am going for below processor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximate Purchase Date: This week or next. As soon as possible

Budget Range: INR. 60-70k

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video editing (not much), surfing the internet, watching movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor (1440 X 900), speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.flipkart.com/ or any other indian site.

Parts Preferences:

Processor : Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard : ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Ram : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)
PSU : Corsair 850TXV2 850 Watts
CPU Cooler : Corsair CWCH80 Cooler (or) Corsair H100 Cooler (in my place Temperature at summer peaks to 46 degree Celsius)
Cabinet : Corsair 500R Mid Tower Cabinet
Graphics Card : ......mostly Nvidia GTX 570 (maybe after sometime i may go for SLI). I am waiting for the price to come down.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900

Additional Comments: I need the PC to run very cool even with a room temp. of 46°C.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose of the build:
Its been 6 year since i upgraded my processor. Yes, i currently have Pentium 4 3.06 GHz processor in my CPU. Hence i am building a new CPU.

Expectation:
Most likely i might not upgrade the CPU for next 4-5 years. So i would expect the new Processor to chew anything i throw at it till then.

I thank you all in advance.

Thank you,
Vijay.

May 20, 2012 6:49:59 PM

forgot to mention the SSD..

SSD : Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (CSSD-F120GB3-BK)
Related resources
May 20, 2012 7:04:03 PM

Get the Crucial M4 128GB SSD. It is a better value.
May 21, 2012 6:39:43 PM

Thank you for your suggestion.
!