Transfering files - help needed!

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
May 24, 2004 3:43:32 PM

I have recently had a Nokia 6600 and there is something that I cannot do
which I hope you can help me with.
I have downloaded some ringtones and a friend wanted me to send them to her.
However, when I turn the infrared or Bluetooth on it won't let me send a
MIDI file, well actually it just doesn't make the send option appear. It
makes the send option appear if I want to send a text file though.

Why is this? Are there only certain types of files that I can send?
Is there any way that I can send a ringtone (i.e. MIDI file to my friend)?

I hope you can help.

Thanks!!
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 8:03:53 PM

On Mon, 24 May 2004 11:43:32 +0100, Neil Hindry wrote:

> I have recently had a Nokia 6600 and there is something that I cannot do
> which I hope you can help me with.
> I have downloaded some ringtones and a friend wanted me to send them to her.
> However, when I turn the infrared or Bluetooth on it won't let me send a
> MIDI file, well actually it just doesn't make the send option appear. It
> makes the send option appear if I want to send a text file though.
>
> Why is this? Are there only certain types of files that I can send?
> Is there any way that I can send a ringtone (i.e. MIDI file to my friend)?

Certain content such as purchased ringtones, wallpaper, and games. Can be
marked are *protected*, and so wont copy from phone to phone. You'll need
an app like Mobimb or Oxygen PM, to transfer/backup protected content from
the phone, plus you can also the mark the content as *unprotected* for
transfer from phone to phone.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 10:51:11 PM

<n_nospam_hindry@_nospam_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have recently had a Nokia 6600 and there is something that I cannot do
>which I hope you can help me with.
>I have downloaded some ringtones and a friend wanted me to send them to her.
>However, when I turn the infrared or Bluetooth on it won't let me send a
>MIDI file, well actually it just doesn't make the send option appear. It
>makes the send option appear if I want to send a text file though.
>
>Why is this? Are there only certain types of files that I can send?
>Is there any way that I can send a ringtone (i.e. MIDI file to my friend)?
>
>I hope you can help.
>
>Thanks!!

SndIt is another good app for doing this, you can find a copy of it on
my Yahoo group Nokia4u
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity