Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Utterly stumped! Not a newbie question.

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Components
Last response: in Components
September 9, 2012 3:45:03 PM

Hello fellow PC users! Okay I've been troubleshooting a Dell Demension E510 with xp pro sp2 for the past few days, and when it boots (POSTs fine) the xp loading screen comes up and after about 10 sec. It displays a BSOD with the following:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF78E3160, 0xF792D86C, 0xF792D568)

*** kdcom.dll - Address F78E3160 base at F78E2000, DateStamp 4f8f0f42

I have tried all the obvious things(ie. manually removing hardware piece by piece, checking all mobo and external connectors, running built in diag. tests on EVERYTHING :argh: ). The last thing I'm trying is to flash the BIOS with a bootable DOS disk with a flashing prog. and the latest BIOS revision.

More about : utterly stumped newbie question

September 9, 2012 4:30:51 PM

Try this: restart comp and tap F8 key repeatedly very fast. You should see a list of options on how you can start your comp. If not restart and repeat above... faster!
Choose "Start windows normally"
If that doesn't work repeat above and choose "Last known good configuration"
Let me know if that works... good luck
Score
0
September 9, 2012 4:38:03 PM

have you tried chkdsk /r

Score
0
Related resources
September 9, 2012 5:09:06 PM

Greg1944 said:
Try this: restart comp and tap F8 key repeatedly very fast. You should see a list of options on how you can start your comp. If not restart and repeat above... faster!
Choose "Start windows normally"
If that doesn't work repeat above and choose "Last known good configuration"
Let me know if that works... good luck


I did try both of those options, including all the safe mode options (with/without networking etc.). I have a feeling that the OS install is in some way corrupted or missing a dll file of some sort perhaps.
Score
0
September 9, 2012 5:30:15 PM

if you haven't done this... try it. Change Bios to boot from CD drive. Insert windows set up disk into CD drive or System Repair disc. Reboot and choose REPAIR option.
Score
0
September 9, 2012 5:54:28 PM

Greg1944 said:
if you haven't done this... try it. Change Bios to boot from CD drive. Insert windows set up disk into CD drive or System Repair disc. Reboot and choose REPAIR option.


The owner of the computer doesn't have the setup disc or a repair disk. He he, oy. :cry: 
Score
0
September 9, 2012 6:17:42 PM

DannyBoy312 said:
The owner of the computer doesn't have the setup disc or a repair disk. He he, oy. :cry: 


I get a BSOD on windows startup if I've done a clear CMOS and forget to set the SATA mode back to ACHI
Score
0
September 9, 2012 6:24:18 PM

I don't think xp had a repair option like vista and 7, if it had anything it was far far simpler.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182 might help

remove all hardware that you can possibly remove. get down to 1 stick of memory, if it still happens, swap sticks. This should minimise the drivers that you need. If its a mobo driver you've got trouble.
Score
0
September 9, 2012 6:49:24 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
have you tried chkdsk /r


No I haven't, I did already do a manual HDD diag/check through the Dell utilities boot sector, however, but to no avail.
Score
0
September 9, 2012 8:05:41 PM

DannyBoy312 said:
No I haven't, I did already do a manual HDD diag/check through the Dell utilities boot sector, however, but to no avail.


thats only going to test the hard drive is ok not check the file system

i would guess you need to fix the file system possibly

though to do chkdsk /r you need a windows disk to boot to the recovery console




Score
0
September 9, 2012 9:12:26 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
thats only going to test the hard drive is ok not check the file system

i would guess you need to fix the file system possibly

though to do chkdsk /r you need a windows disk to boot to the recovery console



Ahh, okay good to know, thanks. If I only had the install disk; I probably could have had this solved already; good experience though I suppose.
Score
0

Best solution

September 9, 2012 9:26:04 PM

when i used xp i used the disc to install the recovery console to the hard disk so if you had problems you could pick recovery

console from the boot menu as loading it from the disc takes a while but when its on the hard disk its fast

you could try getting a cd from dell--have known people who got it for free just by providing the serial number and service tag

though nowadays they may charge you for it

but my bet would be file system error not hardware fault

anything important on there?

if not you may have a recovery partition

usually ctrl + f11 when booting a dell

Share
September 16, 2012 12:30:17 PM

Best answer selected by DannyBoy312.
Score
0
September 16, 2012 12:32:22 PM

Okay, so Dell did provide me with a full XP disc, for free no less; installed it and all the drivers, and it's finally working 100%! Thank you all for your input and help!
Score
0
September 16, 2012 1:09:22 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0