saikedo

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hi , I just saw a benchmarks for GTX 680 (They look real to me) and i am really dissapointed they are a little better than HD 7970 benchmarks.

so i have few questions about this.

1. so 680 is gk104 right ? any idea when 110 will come out ? cuz if i buy this upcoming ones and then after 4 months they release new one i will kill myself :)

2. should i buy 2xgtx 680 for SLI or wait for GTX 690, or third option 7990 ?- what you think ?

3. will there be a better alternative than 2x680 or GTX 690 or 7990 in next 6-8 months ?

4.gtx680 got only 2gb of memory and i have no idea if this number will affect my gaming performance, I am not using multiple screen for gaming, just 1 1080p monitor,and i may upgrade to 30 inch one soon ? will 2gb be enough or it will affect to fraps ?

thanks and sorry for poor english :)

Hello,

1) Not sure.

2) You don't really need Xfire/SLI if your only gaming at 1080P.

3) Who knows what's down the pipeline, however the 7990 is supposed to drop sometime after keplar.

4) 2GB of ram is plenty for 1080P. Not sure what games you play - but I can play Crysis 1 and SC2 on ultra (with my system in my signature) with my 7950.

Also - FRAPs requires a decent amount of CPU power as well as fast HDD speed to write the data.

warhead0

Distinguished
I'm having a hard time believing you seen benchmarks from a credible source.
The cards are not yet released so any benchmarks you do see should not be taken too seriously.

This makes it almost impossible to properly answer any of your questions.

Can I ask for a link to your source?

It makes no difference in performance what size monitor you have if they all have the same resolution. 1920x1080 is the same at 30 inches as at 20 inches or at 60 inches. Your graphics card has to generate the same number of pixels for each.

+1, hands down the 680/7970 will be the answer to all your problems my firned

Tax and Shipping not included. Please Check Power Supply for compatibility. Recommended Power Supply Rating of at least a 50-60 amp 12v rail with atleast 650 watt maximum rating. List of Supported Power Supply's not included. Any Further Question Please Ask Toms Hardware Forums.