dreamer64

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
ok so i went on a mini 3 day vaction and my computer at the time was fine ... be4 i left i shut it down(i had nvidea upgrade which i installed) i came back and i had no screen it was black but my computer was running normal i shut it down blew all the dust from it.(it was very dusty) i upluged my montor and keep messing around with it(unplugging my montor and power and all that crap)

finaly i was like wtf? i have a nice 32inch tv and i use my montor and tv has my screen i used my tv for my montor thinking it probly my montor

i got display throght my tv so i said yup my montor but then i was messing around in videa setting and relized that my setting got reset.... so i adjusted them and BOOM both of my tv and montor worked like be4( to displayes mirror images)

i went to go on my pc like 2 hours later it was frozen and now i have no display though both tv/montor and my computer keeps restarting

i have no idea i think its my videa card but i plugged in another card and still nothing BUT i didnt take old 1 out i just put new 1 in and hooked it up real fast to see and i still got nothing

graemevermeulen

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Sounds like your video card driver update caused this, almost 100% certain since it was the last thing you changed before shutting down.

Right before Windows starts booting hit F8 and then choose "start in safe mode". Go to device manager and "roll back" your video driver.

Failing that manually uninstall from Control Panel and reinstall your last drivers which should be in C:\NVIDIA.

dreamer64

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
well i couldnt do any of that because i cant see and the pc kept restarting... anyways i took the cpu fan and cpu chip out unpluged everything put new thermal paste on the cpu chip... i reset the battery and unpluged my tv from my video card

and BOOM works faster then be4 i have no idea what that was but for now im keeping my tv out from my video card and just using my montor
now that i can see i tryed trubleshooting and everything seems to be ok

so like i said i have NO IDEA....