System Tray Icons Disappear

Once in awhile, an icon or two in my system tray will disappear - even
though the process is still running. How can I get the icon back without
shutting down the process - then restarting it? One of those icons is
usually for the volume controls. Thanks......
2 answers Last reply
More about system tray icons disappear

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
    Notification Area - Icons Disappearing
    This happens for most Auto-Logon users. To see what the three methods/workarounds
    are visit the above site.

    Courtesy of Kelly at:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
    Notification Area - Hidden Chevron Missing
    For some users setting the very first icon to Always Hide, restores the arrow. This
    behavior seems to come into effect when one uses an icon on the System Tray. Also be
    certain that the "behavior" of each of each icon is what you want it to be.
    Right-click each, to make changes.

    Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321213
    Icons in the Notification Area May Disappear If You Use High-Contrast Color Themes in
    WinXP

    "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Once in awhile, an icon or two in my system tray will disappear - even though the
    > process is still running. How can I get the icon back without shutting down the
    > process - then restarting it? One of those icons is usually for the volume
    > controls. Thanks......

    Thanks.....

    "Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
    > Notification Area - Icons Disappearing
    > This happens for most Auto-Logon users. To see what the three
    > methods/workarounds are visit the above site.
    >
    > Courtesy of Kelly at:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
    > Notification Area - Hidden Chevron Missing
    > For some users setting the very first icon to Always Hide, restores the
    > arrow. This behavior seems to come into effect when one uses an icon on
    > the System Tray. Also be certain that the "behavior" of each of each icon
    > is what you want it to be. Right-click each, to make changes.
    >
    > Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321213
    > Icons in the Notification Area May Disappear If You Use High-Contrast
    > Color Themes in WinXP
    >

    > "+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Once in awhile, an icon or two in my system tray will disappear - even
    >> though the process is still running. How can I get the icon back without
    >> shutting down the process - then restarting it? One of those icons is
    >> usually for the volume controls. Thanks......

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP