System Tray Icons Disappear

January 2, 2005 1:08:41 AM

Once in awhile, an icon or two in my system tray will disappear - even
though the process is still running. How can I get the icon back without
shutting down the process - then restarting it? One of those icons is
usually for the volume controls. Thanks......
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 5:55:49 PM

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
Notification Area - Icons Disappearing
This happens for most Auto-Logon users. To see what the three methods/workarounds
are visit the above site.

Courtesy of Kelly at:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm
Notification Area - Hidden Chevron Missing
For some users setting the very first icon to Always Hide, restores the arrow. This
behavior seems to come into effect when one uses an icon on the System Tray. Also be
certain that the "behavior" of each of each icon is what you want it to be.
Right-click each, to make changes.

Why don't my Notification Area icons show or why do they disappear?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321213
Icons in the Notification Area May Disappear If You Use High-Contrast Color Themes in
WinXP

"+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
> Once in awhile, an icon or two in my system tray will disappear - even though the
> process is still running. How can I get the icon back without shutting down the
> process - then restarting it? One of those icons is usually for the volume
> controls. Thanks......

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 5:55:50 PM

Thanks.....