Touched GPU

griffins

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hello, i have problem, my brother was messing with my GPU sapphire 5670, he wanted to clean it and insted of blowing dust off, he touched all chips with fingers while pc was off (the PSU was also switched off) he is not sure if he was properly grounded ( he only held the painted part of the pc case) now i`m scared because i`m aware of ESD, so could he caused some sort of damage i tried testing card with 3D Mark Vantage and it is all normal... please help

komrad

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I work on circuit cards and numerous other electronic devices for a living, I am highly trained, and have yet to kill a component with ESD. I don't wear my ESD strap, ever. ( Though my bench has a grounded mat, the bench itself is grounded, and my chair is a special grounded chair, on top of special ESD tiles ). It's probably fine I would say.

griffins

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012

I hope so, i googled it and found out that ESD can have delayed effect and show even after months of component usage. Can one be properly grounded if holding painted part of the pc case while working inside, if can i probably don`t have to worry.