Sign in with
Your question

Is my asus m5a97 motherboard compatible with HIS hd radeon 6970 graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2012 9:08:43 PM

Hello,
I recently decided to have a PC custom built for me.
-AMD FX-8120 8 -CORE 3.1 GHz
-Asus M5a97 motherboard (not the EVO)
-8GB DDR-3 PC3-12800 DUAL CHANNEL RAM
-SEAGATE 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB CACHE 6Gb/s
-16x DVD-RW DUAL LAYER
-HIS IceQ X Turbo H679QNT1G2M Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
-CORSAIR H60 LIQUID COOLER
-REALTEK 8CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND(ONBOARD)
-REALTEK 10/100/1000 GIGABIT NETWORK CARD
-DIABLOTEK EVO CPA-6170 GAMING CASE
-HEC X / ROSEWILL 750 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE SLI/CROSSFIRE POWER SUPPLY

when i got the PC everything worked fine from out of the box. I installed the H60 liquid cooler and the HIS graphics card and proceeded to install all necessary drivers for the PC and all of its new components...Thats when all the trouble started...the computer repeatedly crashes BSOD never gives me an error code. I figure it may be a graphics issue seeings how it always seems to crash when anything out of the normal (graphics wise) is being performed on the PC...when i was debating on which graphics card to get i researched the card and motherboard to make sure they were compatible and from what I found they seemed that the 2 in a pair would be bliss for my gaming...but i have done further research and have found that a few have said that becuz of the EPU feature of the motherboard it conflicts with my graphics card..im wondering what the heck is going on with my system. i have reformatted scanned ran driver verifier redownloaded all hardware and software along with all the drivers and still i am having problems with the PC erroring does anyone have any advice on what my issue could be or if I should look into getting a new graphics card or if it may be a hardware problem with the PC all together..I've exhausted my knowledge on PC's and I am in desperate need of ideas and recommendations or any feedback that may be useful thanks:) 
a c 1362 U Graphics card
a c 1097 V Motherboard
March 20, 2012 1:25:34 AM

The card is compatible! If this is happening during heavy gaming then it is most likely either the card or your PSU causing the issue (presuming that you are supplying the card with both connectors from the PSU.)
m
l
Related resources
!