Sign in with
Your question

I can hear static noises through my headphones??

Last response: in Components
September 9, 2012 11:12:50 PM

So ever since I bought these new $5 walmart headphones, I have been able to hear a static noise whenever something on the screen moves. I do a lot of 3D modelling and I noticed when I move around in a 3d space I hear a really fast static-like clicking noise. It isn't extremely loud but it gets annoying. I also hear it when I scroll my mouse or minimize something or anything that makes the pixels on my screen move. I know the headphones aren't the best quality but is there any way to fix this besides buying new headphones? I'm using the integrated graphics card that came with my computer and IDK what sound card I have. BTW my PC is a Dell Inspiron 560s.
September 9, 2012 11:17:46 PM

Are these USB headphones? They're notorious for that. You'll need to spend more than $5 and get some headphones that plug in to your speaker jack.
m
l
September 9, 2012 11:18:51 PM

Onus said:
Are these USB headphones? They're notorious for that. You'll need to spend more than $5 and get some headphones that plug in to your speaker jack.

No, they aren't usb headphones, they directly plug into the speaker jack.
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2012 12:13:25 PM

Poor EMI shielding? I've heard a lot of people complain about this, and it always seems to be using cheap hardware...
m
l
September 10, 2012 1:10:14 PM

I've had that problem before...it's the EMI shielding. You haven't said what you listen to sound on before...a decent set of speakers should have sufficient shielding, as would good headphones.
m
l
February 12, 2013 3:49:37 AM

I have some Grado SR225i's with the same problem. Definitely not cheap headphones.
m
l
February 13, 2013 9:20:04 AM

try muting your line in/mic.

m
l
!