Is there any way to set my computer to power on automatically at a certain
time each morning?

Thank you.

Tim

The only way you can do this is if your motherboards bios supports this
option. So go thro your bios and take a look at the power management
options and any other power options that it has.

--
Tim
Tim's Profile: http://www.extremechatforums.com/forums/member.php?userid=1

Tim --
I'll look into that. Thank you!

"Tim" wrote:

> The only way you can do this is if your motherboards bios supports this
> option. So go thro your bios and take a look at the power management
> options and any other power options that it has.
>

> --
> Tim
> Tim's Profile: http://www.extremechatforums.com/forums/member.php?userid=1
> View this thread: http://www.extremechatforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20810

The only thing I can think of, PhillyBilly, is maybe you could set up a
heavy ball bearing to ride down a narrow gully inclined enough and situated
correctly to activate your CPU's ON button. This, of course, would require
some sort of outside force such as an old-fashioned big-bell alarm clock,
the vibration of which would push the ball bearing onto the inclined gully
to start the process (or "get the ball rolling" - heh heh). The down side is
you will need to manually set the alarm clock every night.

Alternatively, you could Google "Rube Goldberg" for more ideas along this
line. :-D

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. Just in a quirky mood today. :)
--
Miss Mae

"PhillyBilly" <PhillyBilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to set my computer to power on automatically at a certain
> time each morning?
>
> Thank you.

Thank you, Miss Mae, but I already tried that. The ball bearing simply
bounced off the CPU switch, hitting the floor and waking me up. Not an
improvement.

Rube Goldberg's approach would have required a live animal, which I don't
currently have.

But I am glad to see you're enjoying "spirits" of the holidays. Hoist one
for me.