Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What are some good games to play on my x1950 pro pcie 512Mb?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 20, 2012 7:13:09 AM

What are some good games to play on my x1950 pro pcie 512Mb, I have Dell GX620 with 2Gb RAM and 3.0GHz HT processor. Preferably Shooting and Racing games. I have also a PSU of 460 Watt. your kind suggestions in regards will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
March 20, 2012 7:37:18 AM

Aside from Half life 1 and 2 I'd say a game from the Quake series or NFS MW, GTA 3/GTA VC and of course doom
m
0
l
March 20, 2012 7:41:03 AM

That's similar to the the P4 3.0 + ATI X800 XT rig I retired, but the GPU is faster and supports shader model 3. I think you are limited to games released before and including Oblivion (around 2006). These include Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1, Splinter Cell Double Agent (the one shader model 3 game you can play), Doom 3, and Half Life 2. I played all but Splinter Cell.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 20, 2012 7:52:32 AM

No Counter Strike on this list? I wanna add it. All of them are awesome, though rough for beginners, but are the quintessential FPS. Graphics improve with versions, but some will contest other game elements are lost. CSS looks great, but it has the largest head "box". Personally, the monumental standout besides graphics of the versions is weapon recoil. Shoot an AK47 in CS and it's dead on, but subsequent shots are screen wide all over the place. Shoot an AK in CS:CZ and it isn't as dead on, but the group is a little tighter. Shoot an AK in CS:S and the first shot is dead on, and in spray mode, the 5th shot should be dead on again, due to the pattern. I like the shadows CS:S adds. One more thing to note, though all of these games feature the same maps initially, your character model size is drastically different. CS, you're big in the map, CS:CZ you're tiny compared to the map, and CS:S you're big again. Find one and have fun...or eventually rage quit.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 10:32:15 AM

mouse24 said:
Aside from Half life 1 and 2 I'd say a game from the Quake series or NFS MW, GTA 3/GTA VC and of course doom

wao, thanx my frnd, I appreciate your concern and reply but vice city, half life!!! are you kiding man? these are like 4th grade games to play. I need some thrill and action like Modern Warfare, (I've recently completed). If you can, plz tell me some good gamez. thanx
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 10:42:23 AM

DXRick said:
That's similar to the the P4 3.0 + ATI X800 XT rig I retired, but the GPU is faster and supports shader model 3. I think you are limited to games released before and including Oblivion (around 2006). These include Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1, Splinter Cell Double Agent (the one shader model 3 game you can play), Doom 3, and Half Life 2. I played all but Splinter Cell.

Thanx for you Help my frnd, i'll try "Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1, Splinter Cell Double Agent" And I'll Thank you fourther later if I found them interesting. and by the way I recently completed "Modern Warfare" with 1208*1024 All high, it was great, and cost me a whole week of absents from college, coz I never got off of my chair untill I "Nailed It", and one more thing, I am not a biginer, I've been playing since I was 8 years old. Thanx again for your help. I'll try them.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 10:46:52 AM

joshyboy82 said:
No Counter Strike on this list? I wanna add it. All of them are awesome, though rough for beginners, but are the quintessential FPS. Graphics improve with versions, but some will contest other game elements are lost. CSS looks great, but it has the largest head "box". Personally, the monumental standout besides graphics of the versions is weapon recoil. Shoot an AK47 in CS and it's dead on, but subsequent shots are screen wide all over the place. Shoot an AK in CS:CZ and it isn't as dead on, but the group is a little tighter. Shoot an AK in CS:S and the first shot is dead on, and in spray mode, the 5th shot should be dead on again, due to the pattern. I like the shadows CS:S adds. One more thing to note, though all of these games feature the same maps initially, your character model size is drastically different. CS, you're big in the map, CS:CZ you're tiny compared to the map, and CS:S you're big again. Find one and have fun...or eventually rage quit.

Thanx for your contribution my frnd, but you only suggested three gamez, with "everything common", I was hoping something biger you know, like closer to Assassin's creed or Modern warfare or NFS Shift 2. By the way thanx for your time. try something new next time, I'll be waiting.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 6:54:21 PM

knight1122 said:
wao, thanx my frnd, I appreciate your concern and reply but vice city, half life!!! are you kiding man? these are like 4th grade games to play. I need some thrill and action like Modern Warfare, (I've recently completed). If you can, plz tell me some good gamez. thanx


Hey man, don't knock it because you think its beneath you, hell I still play top down 2d RPGs they're alotta fun.

But I guess you could try left 4 dead, or the best need for speed game out there, Need for Speed: Most Wanted. (personal opinion)
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 7:41:14 PM

Diablo 2 would run great on this rig.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 7:51:21 PM

tbh if you want to play modern warfare and to play new games you need an upgrade
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 7:54:46 PM

georgew91 said:
tbh if you want to play modern warfare and to play new games you need an upgrade

Yeah but anything over that graphics card will be bottlenecked by his P4 CPU.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 8:11:04 AM

xxyougotownedzz said:
Diablo 2 would run great on this rig.

Thanx my frnd, I'll Try and let you know about...
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 8:12:25 AM

georgew91 said:
portal :) 

Thanx for your time my frnd, I'll try it and will respond you soon...
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 8:15:58 AM

georgew91 said:
tbh if you want to play modern warfare and to play new games you need an upgrade

Thanx for your rply my frnd, but as I've stated before, I Can't upgrade it rite now or even till next two months, so plz if you can, just tell me about some good games, or your effort will go in vain. thanx again. I'll wait to hear from you again.
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 8:32:05 AM

xxyougotownedzz said:
Yeah but anything over that graphics card will be bottlenecked by his P4 CPU.

Yes my frnd, exactly. And I'll ask you again to help me in a way I have asked you all good people to do, otherwise all of your efforts will go in vain. thanx again for your time and I'll be looking forward to get something from you...
m
0
l
March 27, 2012 8:51:03 AM

If you are feeling adventurous you can go to All PC Games List at Gamespot, browse through the games noting their release date and review rating, and click on some that look interesting. Then on the page for a game they will show Games You May Like on the left column that are similar to that game.

Be careful tho. You can easily spend hours clicking through games, resulting in PC game info overload. :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
March 31, 2012 10:54:50 AM

I suggested CSS and he said try something new "friend". You don't even know... How about you try something new. There isn't a "new" for a reason "friend", CSS isn't needing an upgrade. Thanks though. I made a suggestion based on your card. I have a GTX 580. How about you try a new card before you even consider the games I've played...Friend.

The guy who asks for help tells me to try something new? I can't wrap my head around this.
m
0
l
March 31, 2012 11:03:16 AM

joshyboy82 said:
I suggested CSS and he said try something new "friend". You don't even know... How about you try something new. There isn't a "new" for a reason "friend", CSS isn't needing an upgrade. Thanks though. I made a suggestion based on your card. I have a GTX 580. How about you try a new card before you even consider the games I've played...Friend.

The guy who asks for help tells me to try something new? I can't wrap my head around this.



I assume he meant different genre as he said all the games you suggested are similar

In that respect I suggest Just Cause 1 (not sure if it will run, haven't looked at specs)
m
0
l
March 31, 2012 11:12:28 AM

he/she/it mentioned FPS as a favorite. I suggested the, quoting myself, "quintessential FPS" as any single Counter Strike. He/She/It told me to try something new. I feel like electro-shock therapy can't cure their third-world-isms.

I personally deleted the rest of my message.
m
0
l
March 31, 2012 12:16:52 PM

You could try Team Fortress 2. It's free to play so unless you have any problems with data caps that would be a good game to try.

There are a few other free to play games on steam that you could test as well that aren't just MMO style gameplay.

It's hard to recommend anything with that pentium 4 3.4ghz processor... I still have a Dell P4 comp here, but I don't use it for gaming anymore. It ran Warcraft III, Diablo II, and CounterStrike decently and Left4Dead barely with an X800.
m
0
l
April 3, 2012 6:21:34 AM

joshyboy82 said:
I suggested CSS and he said try something new "friend". You don't even know... How about you try something new. There isn't a "new" for a reason "friend", CSS isn't needing an upgrade. Thanks though. I made a suggestion based on your card. I have a GTX 580. How about you try a new card before you even consider the games I've played...Friend.

The guy who asks for help tells me to try something new? I can't wrap my head around this.

you seem like offended Mr. Joshyboy82, I don't think that there is a reason to be so, and I never meant what you perceived when I said "Try something new", What I meant was make me try something new. I am really sorry if in any reason I mad you angry....

m
0
l
April 3, 2012 6:25:04 AM

Haserath said:
You could try Team Fortress 2. It's free to play so unless you have any problems with data caps that would be a good game to try.

There are a few other free to play games on steam that you could test as well that aren't just MMO style gameplay.

It's hard to recommend anything with that pentium 4 3.4ghz processor... I still have a Dell P4 comp here, but I don't use it for gaming anymore. It ran Warcraft III, Diablo II, and CounterStrike decently and Left4Dead barely with an X800.

Thanx my frnd, It was help full as experienced answer, thanx for your time....
m
0
l
April 3, 2012 6:27:20 AM

DXRick said:
If you are feeling adventurous you can go to All PC Games List at Gamespot, browse through the games noting their release date and review rating, and click on some that look interesting. Then on the page for a game they will show Games You May Like on the left column that are similar to that game.

Be careful tho. You can easily spend hours clicking through games, resulting in PC game info overload. :pt1cable: 

Thanx for your time, and also for advise my frnd, I'll try and will respond you soon....
m
0
l
!