My computers shuts down suddenly.....

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
i have a lenovo 2007 Pc and it is really bad when it comes to playing games(well that was off the topic)

i want to tell that my PC shuts down suddenly whenever i try to run games or run some heavy apps like steam,or play online games on internet etc......

and im unable to restart my computer for sometime whenever i try to run the computer again it makes some noice and then after the black screen in
which it is written LENOVO it shuts down again and i have to wait for sometime to start it again

please help what is the problem with my PC

Solution
it a heat issue that causing your error. as the pc been on it already warm then it shuts down quicker. the noise is the gpu or cpu fan running at full speed to cool your parts. i would start by opening both side panels and look to see if there a lot of dust inside the pc causing an over heat. if not check to see that the cpu fan is moving. i would then power the pc down..unplug it from the wall for safty. if it got the stock intel cooler with the plastic legs i would see if the legs are lock. the heat sink should not move. if it does you could have a broken heat sink. also check that no wires are in the cpu and gpu fans. i would then run prime95 and hardware monitor and watch the cpu temps....30-60c are fine..if it goes higher ie 70 or...
can be a few issues. first one it could be over heating...cpu and ps have over heat shutdown built into them. i would open your pc up out side where you can blow the dust out with some canned air or air compressor. when done leave the side case off and check that the fans are moving..most time on old pc fan wear out..when they do they dont spin or spin slow. the other issue can be hardware based..as pc parts get old caps go bad..new mb dont use the same caps as older ones..vendors found out the caps used to dry out and fail within 3-5 years. the same issue goes with old power supply's. i would start by running memtest to see if your old ram is fine. if it passes i would run a quick run of prime95. when running prime 95 have hardware monitor program running it show you voltage of the power supply and temps..watch the power supply voltage if it drops below x volts your pc will reboot.

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

can you please give me final thing what to do because if i take my computer to a shop in india(thats where i live) then they filthy shopkeers will change everything in my pc and will charge unneccesary thing not just one but all the repair shops are like that...

i want to tell you one thing more also that my pc makes a lot of noice from my fan that i can hear it in my next room also....

when my computer shuts down suddenly and then suddenly i try to restart it then it makes a lot of noice(more than it normally makes which is too high) and then shuts down and i hae to wait for atleast 15 minutes to start it again

so can u please tell me what is the exact problem

kratosbellic

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
one more thing the time decreases everytime i restart my computer
for ex:if i run my computer and play games then it will shut down after half an hour, next time it will shut down even more quickly like 10 minutes and next time 10 minutes or 7 minutes

and if i run my computer after 12-15 hours then i can play games upto 2-3 hours the thing is that it needs rest like a human

it a heat issue that causing your error. as the pc been on it already warm then it shuts down quicker. the noise is the gpu or cpu fan running at full speed to cool your parts. i would start by opening both side panels and look to see if there a lot of dust inside the pc causing an over heat. if not check to see that the cpu fan is moving. i would then power the pc down..unplug it from the wall for safty. if it got the stock intel cooler with the plastic legs i would see if the legs are lock. the heat sink should not move. if it does you could have a broken heat sink. also check that no wires are in the cpu and gpu fans. i would then run prime95 and hardware monitor and watch the cpu temps....30-60c are fine..if it goes higher ie 70 or more then the cpu is going to lock up. with hardware monitor running try running a video game and see if the gpu temps clime...the gpu fan should ramp up with the heat...if the gpu has an issue it will keep ramping heat till it locks up.

Solution

Mainewil

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Gowcome I always ends up with odd HP - Compaq hardware that more than less is incompatible with at least itself.... :rollingeyes:

I read a bit about my issue and well, people seem to goi through a lot of trouble to figure out if it is harware or software problems to deal with....

an only 2 year old Compaq presario shuts itself down more and more often, indeed always in critical moments.... I vacuumed the fan openings and removed battery from laptop. I need battery only sometimes, so because it is almost unused as well, the battery might survive longer than the devcie this yime! XD