TiniBigz

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
I have had this problem for about 4 months now and finally I am sick of it. It restart at random times, but it happens more often when I am doing something serious like a game. I just changed the fan and heatsink on my cpu and did helped, I also changed my power supply, the thing is that when my case is open it restart alot less. I can play for about 2 hours before I get a restart, but when my case is closed I get about 10 to 15 min before a restart. I have no clue what it might be so anything anyone can say is great, and also I did the ram test I took one stick out and then the other and it still restarted. Thx everyone.....

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Four? This definitely sounds like overheating. What temperature is it in the room? What temperature on your mb, cpu, gpu at idle and load? What kind of case and how many and sizes of case fans? You say you changed the hsf of the cpu and it helped, what kind of cpu and what hsf did you put on it.

MORE INFORMATION, what you provided was to tell us what is happening but we have no idea what your computer is... like asking a car mechanic why is my engine stalling and not telling him what kind of car you have...

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Probably not. Or maybe his computer is so down that he can't use it at all. If it were me, I would check the thread in my library if I couldn't use ANY computer at home, but maybe thats not an option. Oh well, hope he fixes his problem.