Network mapping CDROM (via internet)

lido

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2005
Is this possible? I have a computer (location A) with a program on it. I have another computer (location B) with a CDROM. I want to be able to access the location B CD ROM (via the internet) and map the drive to computer A, so that the program at location A could access the CD Rom at location B as a networked drive at location A.

Thank you!

-L

I'm not possitive, but I'd say no.

Edit: Virtual Private Network (I think makes a LAN style network over the internet, you might be able to do it this way). If I'm completly wrong, it is becuase I don't have a clue :lol:

(\__/)
(='.'=) <A HREF="http://snipurl.com/fxwr" target="_new">Welcome to the House of Horrors, welcome to the House of a 1000 Corpses</A>
(")_(") <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ned_Flanders on 09/24/05 12:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

riser

Illustrious
Yes, it's possible.

You'll need to secure some form of connection over the internet which will be the difficult part. The rest would just be mapping the drive.

You'll need some form of VPN or Remote Desktop connection software/Windows XP.

But.. pulling a CD-ROM from over the internet.. enjoy. It'll take you forever.. if the connection is good and everything else.

I wouldn't recommend doing it.. I'd just burn a copy of the CD or find an easier solution.