Amd phenom II x2 555 perforance

I just re-installed Windows 7 on my computer. Before doing this, I was always under 70% CPU usage no matter what I did. Typically, it stayed under 50% easily. Now, with 55 processes running, my CPU is staying at now LOWER than 50% usage. My questions are these:

What processes can I turn off and still run everything with no problem?
Is it safe to OC this processor without having extreme cooling? (I have 2 fans in, 2 fans out, and stock processor cooling)
What else can I be doing to increase the efficiency/performance of my CPU?
2 answers Last reply
More about phenom perforance
  1. Is there a concern with the CPU usage? I'm not following... Bottom line is having a lower CPU usage isn't a necessary goal. Having low usage just for the sake of it will not mean anything. Still, in order to help you understand what you can turn off/disable, you'll have to tell us what is running.

As for the OC question, you can OC w/o aftermarket cooling, but don't expect to OC too far. With OC-ing comes heat. The stock cooler isn't designed to move enough air to be productive with the higher temps associated with OC-ing.

If you know the specs of your case fans, compare them to the fans available at Newegg or FrozenCPU .

Providing the best-needed environment for your system will help you increase the efficiency. Ensuring you manually configure your BIOS settings will help you increase the performance of your system.
  2. Thanks much!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs