Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC help

Last response: in Systems
May 21, 2012 12:23:55 PM

I'm in the process of putting a gaming rig together, and I want to add a fan to the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink to run a push pull combo. I cant find the exact model fan which comes with the EVO. Does anyone have a good part number for an exact replacement fan to add or another suggestion? I put this in the heatsink forum, but failed to get a response to this question.
Thanks in advance.

More about : gaming

a b 4 Gaming
May 21, 2012 1:55:14 PM

I don't think Coolermaster sell that fan separately, any 120mm PWM fan that goes down to <800RPM minimum speed should be fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That one looks good.

Something like the Noctua NF-F12 PWM would be better because it is designed for high static pressure which is good for heatsink fans. It is a lot more expensive though.
m
l
May 21, 2012 10:59:28 PM

I contacted cooler master, and they are the only company that sells the exact fan that goes on the hyper 212 EVO. You can order it direct from cooler master for 6.99us. Thanks for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 21, 2012 11:35:03 PM

mike 06 said:
I'm in the process of putting a gaming rig together, and I want to add a fan to the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink to run a push pull combo. I cant find the exact model fan which comes with the EVO. Does anyone have a good part number for an exact replacement fan to add or another suggestion? I put this in the heatsink forum, but failed to get a response to this question.
Thanks in advance.

Cooler Master is lying through their teeth to you if that's what they told you. There's one fan made for that CM cooler and it's the CM 120mm Blade Master. You can find it at newegg, amazon, and a dozen other places. That fan is 600 - 2000 RPM and is the fan used on all CM 120mm cpu h/s.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $11.99 FREE SHIPPING
COOLER MASTER R4-BMBS-20PK-R0 Blade Master 120mm Case Fan (600 - 2000 RPM)
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
May 21, 2012 11:45:57 PM

That's the fan they put on the 212+, the Evo has a new, quieter fan.
May 22, 2012 12:07:52 AM

You're correct jmsellars. They said you cannot purchase this fan through any retailer at this time because it is oem and not packaged. I would think down he road it will become available, but who knows.

Why me if you look at the fan specifications on the 212 EVO they are different then what you recommended. You will notice air flow and noise are different. They were actually very helpful and at 6.99 I found it very reasonable.
m
l
May 22, 2012 12:08:38 AM

Best answer selected by mike 06.
m
l
!